Changing Reiceving Times...

mitch2k12

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
How do I change the amount of time between when my EVO looks for email and what not? I'm trying to save energy. I also wanted to know any other battery saving tips, cause I'm not getting near as good battery as all of you. This morning at 10 i had 100% and at 1:30 I was at 12%... Thanks!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Go to settings>accounts and sync>select the account you want to adjust and look for the option to adjust frequency.

Biggest battery hogs are GPS and 4G. Turn them off when not in use. Also, use WiFi instead of 3G if possible.

mitch2k12

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Im not seeing a frequency adjust option.... i clicked on my google account and it shows me:
Sync Calendar (its checked)
Sync Contact (its checked) and
Sync Gmail (its checked)

but no option to adjust the frequency

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Your native gmail that is integrated with Android is push, not a timed sync such as "pop3" or some other implementation.

Meaning, email is "pushed" down from the gmail/google mail server ONLY when you receive new mail. This is the most energy efficient if you receive email infrequently. If you get 9,481,274,594 an hour, this would not be energy efficient.

Lastly, go to Settings, and then browse to the Battery and then check out which apps or functions are the most energy sapping. I follow Cory Streater's advice and turn off GPS and 4G almost all the time when out and about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez