Stock weather widget not working, Location problems

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused...are you asking about the "world clock"? as in, whichever htc clock you have installed, when you click on it, it pops up with a screen that has the desktop clock, world clock, stopwatch, and alarms? Because on THAT world clock, it doesn't give me a "current city" . The world clock there has an Add City tab at the top of the screen, and underneath, it has a tab that says Home, mountain time, and the date/time. It can't be selected btw.

If you're asking about the weather location/time widget, when I reinstall it (with auto location on), it asks me to select a city. That's the only area I see a "current" location option. When I choose it, it comes up with the city five miles away from me.

Does that clear it up?

correct - it's the clock set with the stop watch etc. a "Current" city will appear if you have the location sync set a certain way. otherwise you just get "Home" only and no "Current". i think the setting is auto vs. manual but i'm away from EVO at moment. check it out.

bronconia

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
correct - it's the clock set with the stop watch etc. a "Current" city will appear if you have the location sync set a certain way. otherwise you just get "Home" only and no "Current". i think the setting is auto vs. manual but i'm away from EVO at moment. check it out.

Been looking, nothing yet. Odd that it'll allow me to do that with that the weather widget and not the world clock, eh?

I'll keep checking

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed mine acting strange as well. It will show current location instead of the city. Also last night it was still showing sunny at 10 pm! It is strange

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
all apps -> clock -> menu ->local time settings ->automatic (checked or unchecked) ->select time zone

scenario #1 - when you select "automatic" checked it will give you "America/Detroit" as "CURRENT" city along with your correct "HOME" city.

scenario #2 - when you select "automatic" UNchecked it will remove "CURRENT" and just show your "HOME" city. also you may need to select a time zone again to see this behavior in #2.

can you reproduce #1 - "America/Detroit"? (assuming you are not in "Detroit")

bronconia

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
all apps -> clock -> menu ->local time settings ->automatic (checked or unchecked) ->select time zone

scenario #1 - when you select "automatic" checked it will give you "America/Detroit" as "CURRENT" city along with your correct "HOME" city.

scenario #2 - when you select "automatic" UNchecked it will remove "CURRENT" and just show your "HOME" city. also you may need to select a time zone again to see this behavior in #2.

can you reproduce #1 - "America/Detroit"? (assuming you are not in "Detroit")

No, I can't reproduce America/detroit. Currently, I'm near Denver. Once I've selected Denver as my home city (in the home settings), and selected "automatic" checked, it gives me Denver (with the word home above).

So basically, this whole setting fiasco in the world clock is a way to set your home area...and the automatic just lets you know where you currently are.

YOUR problem, is that even though you're not in Detroit, THAT is the city that's currently being listed as your home? Have you tried going into home settings and selecting another city within your time zone relative to your home state?

Question for you...

bronconia

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
When i try to add extra city's it says City Not Found.
Can anyone help with that?

I think sense is just listing the MAJOR cities relative to the time zone you're in. So, Denver for the mountain time zone, L.A. for the west, Boston (or whatever) for the east.

So when you try to add a city, it's just giving you a general area for the world clock.

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site
My clock is showing Detroit as well. Now the weather is showing it is raining and it is not even cloudy outside! What is up with the weather widget? Anyone have any solutions yet

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
No, I can't reproduce America/detroit. Currently, I'm near Denver. Once I've selected Denver as my home city (in the home settings), and selected "automatic" checked, it gives me Denver (with the word home above).

So basically, this whole setting fiasco in the world clock is a way to set your home area...and the automatic just lets you know where you currently are.

YOUR problem, is that even though you're not in Detroit, THAT is the city that's currently being listed as your home? Have you tried going into home settings and selecting another city within your time zone relative to your home state?

Question for you...

yes i've tried that. but it appears you are not doing something correct in the settings because you only get a "HOME" city but no "CURRENT".

the option i am talking about gives you both.

i guess "HOME" is your home and "CURRENT" is where you are at the moment.

can you tweak your settings to show a "CURRENT" city?

it will say -

CURRENT - AMERICA/DETROIT (or whatever)
HOME - DENVER
NY
LA
CHI
ETC

Septro

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Mines has a crazy bug and I think it takes some other location data into effect if it can't locate via wireless/gps. I moved from Seattle to Columbus a year ago and sometimes when my phone is left alone at home - the Weather widget will show my Seattle location for the weather versus my current location.

If I travel in the car with the phone, the weather widget corrects itself. I don't have any other cities defined within the stock weather app.

So I dug around my Google account profile and made sure any old references to my old address where updated. I haven't had the problem since.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
I had the same problem, called Sprint this morning the tech I spoke with wiped my provisioning and set me back up from her end. No problems now.

cold war kid

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I REALLY hope HTC issues some sort of fix for this soon, or even awknowledges that they're aware of the issue. I love Sense and the Clock/Weather Widget and I would like to continue using it, but right now it's way too inaccurate.

For me the problem isn't with location as it always shows my correct location. However, weather conditions are an entirely diffrent story. Right now, for example, its telling me that there is a thunderstorm and its 79 degrees. A look out my window and a quick check of The Weather Channel confirms it is currently Partly Cloudy and the temperature is 83 degrees.

For what it's worth I tweeted HTC about it. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.
(And how about bringing back the Flip Clock that ACTUALLY flips, like on the HD2!)

bronconia

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
yes i've tried that. but it appears you are not doing something correct in the settings because you only get a "HOME" city but no "CURRENT".

the option i am talking about gives you both.

i guess "HOME" is your home and "CURRENT" is where you are at the moment.

can you tweak your settings to show a "CURRENT" city?

it will say -

CURRENT - AMERICA/DETROIT (or whatever)
HOME - DENVER
NY
LA
CHI
ETC

LOL so I finally reproduced the america/ problem...

After I updated my prl last night, went back to the clock settings, NOW I see what you're saying. I'm "currently" america/boise. sigh.

Anywho, glad to know I'm not an idiot. THE DAMN PRL was keeping me from experiencing this new problem ;D

Bump for anyone else experiencing this?

Gmaxxx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
It keeps telling me my Current in "Kayzakashtan" (or however you spell it). Now I know Brooklyn is filled with foreigners but come on, I'm no where near that country. It only happens to me once in a while 3-4 times in all so it doesn't really bother me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz