Stock weather widget not working, Location problems

bronconia

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
EVERYTHING works perfectly on this amazing phone, EXCEPT the weather widget.

Basically, I just have the stock one running (giant flip clock with the location and current weather underneath). The time is correct, but it cannot lock down my current location correctly. And now, the weather has disappeared alltogether from the widget. The weird part is, when I pull up google maps, it has me located exactly right (after about a 3 second delay. The circle starts about three blocks away, then zeroes in).

I've tried it with 3g,wireless, gps, all on and off. Also tried trashing then reinstalling the widget several times. The OTHER weird part is, when you actually click on the widget, it says weather update not available for current location, but my secondary location (denver) updates just fine.

The last bit of info...this was all working fine until I did a hard reset (i had loaded old contacts, linked some profiles wrong, etc etc, so just decided to start fresh), but since then it has ceased working.

Feeling VERY hero-esue in the weather widget regard unfortunately :(

Everything else works perfectly, and I love this PHONE>

And yes, I realize I can download a different weather widget, but I really like the look of the stock one.

cheers and thanks

PlainOldMike

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Sitting in my house I have got about 5 or 6 different cities to show up on the weather widget, some over 10 miles away.

My girlfriend also got her EVO the same time as me and another issue we saw was our screens showing the same city, but having different weather conditions and different high and low temps.

huss30

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Me too except the weather widget keeps giving me the same wrong city. It gets my location right whenever I manually hit refresh.

Btw, this problem only happens when I have my WiFi on.

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
Mines a lil odd. Im about 100 yards from the next county over and sometimes it shows me as "South XYZ city" in that county and sometimes its in the city im actually in. I think thats just a being "on the line" issue, though.

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Do any of you guys have Airaves to correct for poor reception in your house?

Location services does coarse location via cell tower, only using GPS to refine to a specific location. When you use an Airave, your "tower" is not necessarily local to your physical location, it's whatever Sprint data center picks up your traffic - so you can get some crazy coarse fixes.

I'm currently in central Pennsylvania. At my daughter's soccer game this afternoon, my weather widget reflected our correct location. But when we got home in range of the Airave, all of a sudden I see weather for Woodbury Heights, NJ, a 4 hour drive away.

u71n4444

May 21, 2010
Visit site
you may want to check the frequency it is updating your location and update frequency for the weather conditions.. Mine work flawlessly.

Loving you evo

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
For me, the problem with the weather widget is that you can't set it to update more than once per hour. Here in New England the weather can change a lot faster than that.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
can you guys all check your World Clock "Current" city and tell me what city it says? is it saying your correct city????? as i stated in another thread with only 1 response mine says "America/Detroit".

thanks

vikingjunior

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The only problem is once in a while instead of the city am in it will view a generic US temp, honestly I find bookmarking weather channel or accuweather and even putting it as a widget or shortcut onto my home screen is better.

Bigchris

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
can you guys all check your World Clock "Current" city and tell me what city it says? is it saying your correct city????? as i stated in another thread with only 1 response mine says "America/Detroit".

thanks

Yes, mine is saying the correct location.

Agent146

May 16, 2010
Visit site
While I'm in my house the stock weather widget could have me in 3 different cities in the same spot I'm sitting. I just checked my world clock and I'm also set as America/Detroit. I live in Kentucky.

bronconia

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

thanks

Mine says Home, and then directly underneath it, Mountain Time. This is correct for me...

Still having problems. Now, the main widget doesn't even display the weather, period. Just the giant clock, then underneath it is the city about 5 miles away from me.

Frustration Bump haha.

PS - took the phone out golfing with me today, and got some WONDERFUL shots of spring valley. The camera (imo) is excellent with only some minor adjustments.

Anywho, help with the clock/weather widget would be most appreciated

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
it's not the "home" city i'm asking but what's listed as "current". if you don't have "current" listed it means you may have auto location off in settings. please check. thanks.

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Everything is set fine for me under Date & Time Settings and it refuses to show the proper city I am in even when I manually refresh it. Also what I found funny last night was when I went to hook it to my charger before bed at 11:30PM it stated that the current weather outside was Sunny. Now if I lived in Alaska where the majority of the day (including the night) is Sunny that would be one thing, but I live in Metro Detroit.

bronconia

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
it's not the "home" city i'm asking but what's listed as "current". if you don't have "current" listed it means you may have auto location off in settings. please check. thanks.

I'm confused...are you asking about the "world clock"? as in, whichever htc clock you have installed, when you click on it, it pops up with a screen that has the desktop clock, world clock, stopwatch, and alarms? Because on THAT world clock, it doesn't give me a "current city" . The world clock there has an Add City tab at the top of the screen, and underneath, it has a tab that says Home, mountain time, and the date/time. It can't be selected btw.

If you're asking about the weather location/time widget, when I reinstall it (with auto location on), it asks me to select a city. That's the only area I see a "current" location option. When I choose it, it comes up with the city five miles away from me.

Does that clear it up?