1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyway to make EVO 4G into a 4.3" monitor? HDMI input v.DSLRS

Hey all, i was wondering if its possible to convert the EVO 4g's hdmi port into an input, i am a photographer and would love to output live view to the evo 4g for video recording.

Anyone think this is possible?

no. port is output online

USB or bluetooth would likely be more possible. Canon has a tethering program for windows that works over USB already.

/love my Canon 7D
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

i wonder if anyone will be making something like this.

I wonder if its a software or a hardware restriction...im hoping for the former

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Sounds like it would be a software restriction, we will have to wait and see what the modders come up with.
    </awesome>

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

The first step would be enabling usb host mode, some guy did it with his nexus one a few days ago, but the thing is you will still need to use a powered hub or some sort of power injector since the usb on phones and mobile devices are usually non-powered.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

hmmm. i wonder whom i can get to make something like this. Because the iphone has something similar but no video capture just pics. Im sure someone can make this happen.

It's both software and hardware restriction. The software side is basically made infinitely more difficult by the hardware. There's no drivers, thus everything to make it happen would have to be made from scratch. That's difficult for a group of people, much less one person to do well.