can't send music to bluetooth headset!?

kasper22

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I've hit a rather large issue with the Evo that to me just doesn't seem like this should exists. When I connect my backbeat 903 headset to the Evo I can use it to make calls and talk to people. But when I try and play music, the music just plays out of the phone speaker instead of going to the headset.

This just doesn't seem right to me, but the Sprint tech person I talked to told me that you can't send music to bluetooth headsets on the Evo.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the headset as I can sync it up with my Pre and it works just fine.

Am I missing something or is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks
Bryan

epphllps

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I can't stream music to the headset that came with my Evo from Best Buy. It's the Plantronics 230. Calls work fine, just not anything outside of calls.

drogapr

May 27, 2010
Visit site
My Tritton Audiostream works even better on my Evo than it did on my 3GS... it connects automatically vs having to do it manually on my 3GS EVERY SINGLE TIME I lost bluetooth connection. :D

epphllps

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Your basic cheap handsfree bluetooth headset likely doesn't support the A2DP and AVRCP profiles. Not the EVO's fault.

Never said it was the fault of my EVO. I was simply stating that in case anyone else might know if it does or doesn't. Of course the manual fails to mention anything about it so I was just curious.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Mine did that first time I paired with my Motorola T505. Its like it missed AD2P profile. Try to pair it again if you haven't already.

kasper22

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Reconnecting did the trick. I don't know why I didn't think of such a simple solution.

I'm a little disappointed that the support person told me they just wouldn't work.

Loondog

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My backbeat is doing the same exact thing. It is properly paired with my EVO and registers as connected but the sound still comes through the phone back speaker. I noticed that when my wired headset is connected there is a small headphones icon in the notification bar. When using the backbeat there is not. I cannot find anything in the settings which allows me to assign a headphones "profile" to the backbeat.

I also would like to get this figured out as I really like using my backbeat.

kasper22

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Try syncing the Bluetooth again. The first time I did it the music profile didn't sync. After re-syncing everything works as it should.

eKennedy#AC

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
I have the opposite problem. When I with my bluetooth speakerphone, it flashed two messages, something about phone and then something about media. Now when I play music, it tries to play over the speakerphone and not out of the headphone jack.

How can I tell it not to play media through bluetooth?

mike929

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
i'm having an issue with my Motorola T505. It is paired and i can make calls and hear them thru the T505 but when i use sprint Nav it plays out the speaker on the phone. I'll try and unpair and re-pair

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463