Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry can't send music to bluetooth headset!?

Ok, so I've hit a rather large issue with the Evo that to me just doesn't seem like this should exists. When I connect my backbeat 903 headset to the Evo I can use it to make calls and talk to people. But when I try and play music, the music just plays out of the phone speaker instead of going to the headset.

This just doesn't seem right to me, but the Sprint tech person I talked to told me that you can't send music to bluetooth headsets on the Evo.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the headset as I can sync it up with my Pre and it works just fine.

Am I missing something or is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks
    Bryan

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

My Jabra BT8010 stereo headset works great with my EVO. Didn't have to do anything other than pair and go.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

Just paired my S9-HD and is streaming stereo A2DP without issues.

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Also just paired with my Jabra BT3030 dog tag headset and no problems.
    Kyo 6035 > Kyo 7135 > Palm 800W > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVOLTE > HTC One (M8) + EVO View 4G

I can't stream music to the headset that came with my Evo from Best Buy. It's the Plantronics 230. Calls work fine, just not anything outside of calls.

My Tritton Audiostream works even better on my Evo than it did on my 3GS... it connects automatically vs having to do it manually on my 3GS EVERY SINGLE TIME I lost bluetooth connection.

Quote Originally Posted by epphllps View Post
    I can't stream music to the headset that came with my Evo from Best Buy. It's the Plantronics 230. Calls work fine, just not anything outside of calls.
    Your basic cheap handsfree bluetooth headset likely doesn't support the A2DP and AVRCP profiles. Not the EVO's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    Your basic cheap handsfree bluetooth headset likely doesn't support the A2DP and AVRCP profiles. Not the EVO's fault.
    Never said it was the fault of my EVO. I was simply stating that in case anyone else might know if it does or doesn't. Of course the manual fails to mention anything about it so I was just curious.

Mine did that first time I paired with my Motorola T505. Its like it missed AD2P profile. Try to pair it again if you haven't already.
    Evo4G. Now with more Internet.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Reconnecting did the trick. I don't know why I didn't think of such a simple solution.

I'm a little disappointed that the support person told me they just wouldn't work.

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts

My backbeat is doing the same exact thing. It is properly paired with my EVO and registers as connected but the sound still comes through the phone back speaker. I noticed that when my wired headset is connected there is a small headphones icon in the notification bar. When using the backbeat there is not. I cannot find anything in the settings which allows me to assign a headphones "profile" to the backbeat.

I also would like to get this figured out as I really like using my backbeat.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Thumbs up

Try syncing the Bluetooth again. The first time I did it the music profile didn't sync. After re-syncing everything works as it should.

I have the opposite problem. When I with my bluetooth speakerphone, it flashed two messages, something about phone and then something about media. Now when I play music, it tries to play over the speakerphone and not out of the headphone jack.

How can I tell it not to play media through bluetooth?

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

i'm having an issue with my Motorola T505. It is paired and i can make calls and hear them thru the T505 but when i use sprint Nav it plays out the speaker on the phone. I'll try and unpair and re-pair
    Qualcomm 1920, Samsung 5300, Palm 600, Palm 755p, Palm Pre, EVO

Default Re: can't send music to bluetooth headset!?

There is another post on this forum with links to working apps. Suggest checking out that post.