ipad and mobile hotspot problem

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
so i own a ipad and i cant connect my evo mobile hotspot to the ipad it just keeps saying unable to join network "evo 1226343" if anybuddy has this problem and knows a way of fixing it i can use your help or if anyone can help i would appreciate it now it works for my computer fine i called sprint tech support they couldnt figure it out ethier

neon8

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I was able to connect with no problems. Im writing this from my ipad connected to my evo. I set the hotspot up on evo with name and wpa with password. Went to setting in ipad>wifi and evo network there. Put in password and joined. Speed not great on 3g but ok.

CarrieL

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I had an iPad connection problem as well - possibly the same one. My iPad found the router just fine, but always said "Unable to join the network "EVO xxxxxx" (where the x's are my router's numbers). My only option was to select Dismiss.

I called Sprint and the very nice tech did all he could, but couldn't resolve the issue either. But while talking through the process I saw that something was in my Notifications Panel on the phone. When I pulled up the message it said "Connection requests received" -- indicating that the iPad did try to jump on. I tapped that message and it took me to a screen that showed I had turned on "Allowed users only" in the Hotspot settings. Just for grins I tapped the checked box. That then gave me the option to "cancel" that feature. Lo and behold it all worked after that.

I don't quite get the "Allowed users only" feature in retrospect because there was nowhere on my phone to say who was allowed. The Sprint tech said his printout showed further options to define that. My Hotspot setting screen did not. So "whatever" because it now works for me. I do have security option WPA2 (AES) set with a password so I'm guessing I'm ok. I'm not technical enough to know if I'm at risk for others trying to jump on my connection, but I'm just happy it works.

Hope that helps...

wrxdrunkie

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone done a speed test? My ipad is getting 263kbps.......

I have tested it 10 times and it has never gotten more than 300kbps

Ideas?

sirkirby

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
its been around the same for me on my ipad connected to the evo 3g hotspot. I wonder if this is related to the other wifi issues reported in this forum...or its simply a sprint network issue.

irwinm

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I can't find any info to help here either with my EVO hotspot connected to iPad - it is slower on a 4G output than when I'm on 3G. For some reason, the throughput on the iPad (and my iPhone) is way lower than the speed of the phone itself or my Macbook Pro using the hotspot. I am convinced now that there is something in the iOS software or wifi hardware of the Apple products that is not working well with the EVO router output.

It is frustrating as hell as the EVO to iPad was something I really was looking forward to since I have a wifi only and didn't want to get another useless data plan from AT&T.

I've found a number of other folks having similar issues but absolutely no solutions - I've tried everything within the network settings of both devices without success.

wrxdrunkie

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I am still getting ridiculously slow speeds on my ipad. I wonder if the ispot gives the ipad slow 4g? If it doesnt it makes me think it is more of an evo issue than an ipad.

Ideas anyone?

Just did a speeds test, 589kbps download 55 kbps upload.

I am so mad at myself that I did not buy the clear ispot when it was $29. I will def buy it now if it goes back down to $29. I thought it was always $29, now that is 100 I am kicking myself in the butt.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
I've got my iPad running through my eVo and it works great for what I've been using.. I haven't done a speedtest, but have been using it to run Citrix Apps, Remote Desktop sessions and haven't had an issue with speed. just an issue with a stable connection.