Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC Sync for the HTC EVO 4G now available

I am not sure if this shouldn't be in the app area forum, but I wanted all those that have the HTC EVO 4G, like myself, to know that HTC has released HTC Sync for the HTC EVO 4G. Best of all, it is free.

What is HTC Sync?

HTC SYNC UPDATE FOR EVO 4G (SPRINT) (2.0.35) | 06.04.2010
    HTC Sync™ lets you synchronize Outlook and Windows Address Book (Outlook Express), contacts and calendar events on your PC with your phone. It also lets you install third-party Android applications on the phone, and the Mobile Network sharing function as well.

Installation Instructions:

Version: 2.0.35
    Hardware Requirements (PC)
    1 GHz or higher processor clock speed recommended
    512 MB of RAM or higher recommended
    Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
    50 MB of available free hard disk space
    USB 2.0 is required
    Software Requirements - Supported Operating Systems (PC)
    Windows XP Service Pack 2 and 3
    Windows Vista 32-bit version
    Windows Vista 64-bit version
    Windows 7 32-bit version
    Windows 7 64-bit version
    Installation Instructions
    Click Download below to download “HTCSync2.0.35.exe” to your PC.
    Run “HTCSync2.0.35.exe” to install it to your PC (Suggestion: Please close all running programs and temporarily exit your anti-virus program when you install the HTC Sync)
    From your PC, launch HTC Sync, and use the USB cable to connect your phone to the PC (if the phone is not connected to the PC there will be a sync failure).
    On your phone, check Notifications on the status bar for the icon to confirm if HTC Sync recognizes the phone.
    The first time you synchronize the phone, the Synchronization Settings Wizard will start automatically to help you set up HTC Sync. (If the Synchronization Settings Wizard does not start, click Synchronize now on the HTC Sync screen.) After the first time, to start syncing your phone to your computer, pull down the notifications bar on the phone and tap “Synchronize your phone with Windows” to connect to the PC
    On your PC, follow the instructions to finish the wizard on the HTC Sync screen.

Here is the link:

HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC EVO„ 4G (Sprint) - Downloads
    Last edited by dfine1966; 06-05-2010 at 10:32 PM.

Outlook 2010?

thanks man, I was just looking for this on HTC website
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    Outlook 2010?
    I don't know yet. I just found it and I do have Outlook 2010. So I will probably try and see if it works the same.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Just in case know one saw this post yesterday, I am bumping back to the top.

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Oh come on, he posted some nice info an nobody can thank him? I already did the honors.
    </awesome>

thanks for posting but USB wire sync is so 90's.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    thanks for posting but USB wire sync is so 90's.
    Do you have a better free option? I am looking for free option. I know about Missing Sync for Android (that is 39.95). Are their other options in the marketplace or for Windows itself?

well i just sync OTA directly with Gmail. i use Thunderbird for my local PC client.

if you're hell bent on using Outlook you can try this -

Sync the HTC EVO 4G | Sync contacts, calendar, tasks and notes to the EVO 4G from Outlook, Google, ACT!, Goldmine, Lotus Notes, Palm Desktop

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

What's the changelog between the 2.0.31 on the sdcard and this one?
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    Do you have a better free option? I am looking for free option. I know about Missing Sync for Android (that is 39.95). Are their other options in the marketplace or for Windows itself?
    When you say better, what functionality are you looking for that HTC Sync doesn't provide?

Anyone else have an installation error involving a missing tlib_log.dll?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    When you say better, what functionality are you looking for that HTC Sync doesn't provide?
    All I want is Contact, Tasks and Calender. Don't really need anything else. Two way sync would be nice. HTC Sync is fine, but I was answering the other person saying connecting with USB only is archaic. Doing the same thing as HTC Sync but also wireless, would be a nice extra feature. But, I don't want to have to spend $40 to buy it.

Coming from the Palm Pre, is used Chapura Pocketmirror. If I would buy a new solution, it looks like their is only two choices, The Missing Sync for Android or Companionlink. Both are $40. I would rather have a free version or less expensive version of software that does the same thing.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

I gotchya. Yeah I've never seen anything like what you've described for free or cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    All I want is Contact, Tasks and Calender. Don't really need anything else. Two way sync would be nice. HTC Sync is fine, but I was answering the other person saying connecting with USB only is archaic. Doing the same thing as HTC Sync but also wireless, would be a nice extra feature. But, I don't want to have to spend $40 to buy it.

Coming from the Palm Pre, is used Chapura Pocketmirror. If I would buy a new solution, it looks like their is only two choices, The Missing Sync for Android or Companionlink. Both are $40. I would rather have a free version or less expensive version of software that does the same thing.
    have you considered ditching Outlook and just using The Google and Thunderbird with Zindus and Lightning Add Ons?

Thunderbird - It’s All Yours

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the HTC Sync already on the SD Card

Quote Originally Posted by smgoma View Post
    Anyone else have an installation error involving a missing tlib_log.dll?
    I did, but now it seems to be working...

Quote Originally Posted by vip_status View Post
    thats what i used is there a difference?
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vip_status View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by homer2 View Post
    thats what i used is there a difference?
    Yes, but as stated above the one on HTC's site is a newer version. Not sure what the changes are.
    Thanked by:
    homer2 

how do you guys all access your PIM data on the PC? just via Gmail within a web browser?

IMO Gmail via browser is kind of slow with Contacts - i get some latency. using Chrome browsers helps a little bit.

Default Restart required

Quote Originally Posted by MNofsinger View Post
    I did, but now it seems to be working...
    Mine worked, also, after a restart.

Global Posts
    93 Global Posts

Anyone else try sync their Outlook calendar with HTC Sync? I have tons of appointments but the sync program stays in 'Preparing data from PC.." mode forever with no progress right after sync'ing the contacts.

Companionlink for PC and Palm desktop sure seems nice- is there any way to do this with a MAC? I don't like ical / addressbook- and my wife still LOVES her Palm Desktop. I'd hate to have bought 3 EVOS for the family only to have to buy a PC to sync them to the desktop app of choice for the past 12+ years.

lol - sure wish they could have figured a way to tie in to the sync center built into windows.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Quote Originally Posted by brandonc View Post
    Companionlink for PC and Palm desktop sure seems nice- is there any way to do this with a MAC? I don't like ical / addressbook- and my wife still LOVES her Palm Desktop. I'd hate to have bought 3 EVOS for the family only to have to buy a PC to sync them to the desktop app of choice for the past 12+ years.
    There is another option for syncing the Android EVO with a mac or PC. That is The Missing Sync for Android. It does everything you would need, but it is $39.95.

Here is the link:

Android Sync Software for Nexus One, Droid, Hero and Other Android Phones
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast