Time and Weather App keep changing to different Area

mtbrown75

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
My location keeps changing to foreign countries and other cites on the time and weather widgets. Is anyone else having this issue?

cold war kid

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the weather problem. It's clear skies here where I live and my weather icon says it's raining?

As I am. I love the HTC Weather app and the Clock/Weather Widget, but all day today it said that we were having Thunderstorms, meanwhile outside there wasn't a single raincloud anywhere in sight. It displays my correct location, just the wrong weather conditions. :(

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I think I fixed it. I went to the weather widget menu/setting and unchecked update automatically then rechecked. Now the weather is correct.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
I'm having the same problem intermittently, my clock and weather keep putting me in some place named Santos which is a +4 hour time difference. Only way to clear it is a reboot.

It's not the EVO I think it's Android 2.1, as soon as I updated my Hero this started happening and it's happening with my EVO.

tucsonstan

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Having the same problem. When I tap on the weather/time widget it goes to another screen with the current conditions. If I hit the menu button and hit settings it brings up another screen: Update automatically, Update schedule and Temperature scale. The only thing I can change is the temp scale, the other two are kind of blacked out and pressing them does nothing. Any ideas? :confused:

EVOLICIOUS

May 23, 2010
Visit site
since launch day the weather app has sucked!! everyone has the same problem and heaven help you if you turn off gps to save battery! then it really get screwed up, i think we should be looking for a replacement app

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
this happened to me in Los Angeles while my wife and I were out there on vacation. my time was off by 6 hours and it was giving the weather for some place Ive never ever heard of, shut down the phone and restarted it two times before it went back to normal.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine was goofy with not pulling info at one point in a certain area. Was towers down or something maybe?
Other then that I havent noticed problems with mine. Seems pretty on point to be honest.
When that was down though I couldnt even browse for the city and manually add it.

If you are getting this, i would prob point more towards a GPS issue. Im no developer by any means though.

scrubcst

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Usually when your GPS is of it will tweak out. Make sure you have your GPS on. Otherwise it will try to find you via triangulating your position through sprint towers which is not so reliable

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

rizorith

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the weather problem. It's clear skies here where I live and my weather icon says it's raining?

I've had this problem since I got the phone, a few days after launch. It's mostly accurate but at least a few times a week I'l notice things like "sunny skies" at midnight or the weather will literally be off by 35 degrees. I live in L.A. and we don't have terribly chaotic weather so I'm not sure why it's such a mess. I actually use weatherbug as a backup since I'm never sure if the weather info is going to be accurate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech