World Clock is stuck in "America/Detroit" as Current

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i am not in Detroit. i have enabled all GPS and location settings that i can find. why does World Clock say Detroit as Current? how can i fix this?

thanks!

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same issue as well. I also created a home time and now I cant erase that. So the world clock on the Evo for me is completely useless and is driving me crazy.

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine says "Current - Eastern Time" and then right underneath that it says "Home - America/Detroit". No I'm not in Detroit so I dunno?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I've had that happen on my Incredible before and I had to turn off the Automatic feature in the Local Times Settings menu for the World Clock.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
but why Detroit of all places? odd bug.

i'd like to keep mine set as "Automatic" but i'd like the correct city listed. hopefully fixed soon.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
As far as time zones go, most software, not just Android, will just pick a random popular city within that timezone, as it doesn't really matter beyond that. For example, for Central Time, you'll often see Chicago, even if you're nowhere near Chicago.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
As far as time zones go, most software, not just Android, will just pick a random popular city within that timezone, as it doesn't really matter beyond that. For example, for Central Time, you'll often see Chicago, even if you're nowhere near Chicago.

yeah i've seen that but usually it's New York, Chicago, LA, etc.

not Detroit.