WARNING: if you bought the 2 Hero batteries and charger from Ebay

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
I got this from Ebay, it has 2 Hero battieries which fit the evo and a charger that charges one battery and the phone.

I thought all was great, but i start noticing that when my phone was plugged into this charger it would freeze up. I'd still get notifications, phone calls, etc but the touchscreen absolutely would not respond. As soon as I unplug it, it would work perfect. Plug it back in, locked up.

I then started using my Pre charger and the stock HTC charger and the screen functions fine.

So fair WARNING, I probably wouldnt use the charger with the phone itself. But it DOES charge the seperate battery fine and the batteries have been showing the same life as OEM.

androidvirgin

May 17, 2010
Visit site
out of curiosity, does the faulty charger list the output Volts and Amps?

your stock charger and pre charger are most likely 5V 1A, so I'm wondering if your problems stem from incorrect volts and/amps.

charger specs have been widely discussed, but you are the first to report a problem that I have read about.

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
5.2V, 800mA

The 800 milliamps is likely the cause. The charger technically charges the phone (and at an acceptable rate), but the slightly low power output could be "confusing" the phone somehow.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
5.2V, 800mA

The 800 milliamps is likely the cause. The charger technically charges the phone (and at an acceptable rate), but the slightly low power output could be "confusing" the phone somehow.

doubtful because you can charge the phone off a PC which outputs at 500mA. It will just charge slower and we havent heard any complaints of problems with charging off a PC usb port.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I got this from Ebay, it has 2 Hero battieries which fit the evo and a charger that charges one battery and the phone.

I thought all was great, but i start noticing that when my phone was plugged into this charger it would freeze up. I'd still get notifications, phone calls, etc but the touchscreen absolutely would not respond. As soon as I unplug it, it would work perfect. Plug it back in, locked up.

I then started using my Pre charger and the stock HTC charger and the screen functions fine.

So fair WARNING, I probably wouldnt use the charger with the phone itself. But it DOES charge the seperate battery fine and the batteries have been showing the same life as OEM.

Same exact problem for me with the USB port on this charger. Buyer beware.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not sure who the seller was in your case, but there's about 4 different esellers that are linked to Fommy.com under different names. I'm going to try and return mine, but I'm not holding my breath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci