EVO 4G Hotspot, PS3 and Netflix HD = success

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
I was able to connect PS3 to EVO 4G Hotspot (free at the moment) with no special setup.

Am fortunate to get sustained 4Mbps (peak to 7Mbps) so tested Netflix HD streaming on PS3. It started out at a lower bitrate (some fuzziness) but after a few minutes, it caught up and I get good HD quality streaming (confirmed it was HD stream). Am surfing the net from netbook (also connected) while streaming on PS3, no issues.

You probably need a good 3-3.5Mbps sustained to get HD streaming.

EVO Hotspot is free right now (4G only, no 3G), give it a try.

I'm thinking of getting a Buffalo router and set it up as a repeater from 4G hotspot as Evo Wifi only covers one room. Might be doable to get rid of cable.

turbodude

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I was able to connect PS3 to EVO 4G Hotspot (free at the moment) with no special setup.

Am fortunate to get sustained 4Mbps (peak to 7Mbps) so tested Netflix HD streaming on PS3. It started out at a lower bitrate (some fuzziness) but after a few minutes, it caught up and I get good HD quality streaming (confirmed it was HD stream). Am surfing the net from netbook (also connected) while streaming on PS3, no issues.

You probably need a good 3-3.5Mbps sustained to get HD streaming.

EVO Hotspot is free right now (4G only, no 3G), give it a try.

I'm thinking of getting a Buffalo router and set it up as a repeater from 4G hotspot as Evo Wifi only covers one room. Might be doable to get rid of cable.

you can also easy tether for ps3 connection.

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Have 2 laptops and PS3 connected at once. Phone is charging on PS3 USB and laptops are about 15 feet away. While streaming HD movie on PS3, was able to still get >2.5Mbps speedtests on laptops. And then WAS ON A PHONE CALL at same time! Phone rang, unplugged from PS3 charging, answered, put TV on mute, HD streaming continued without a hitch.

Very tempting to use a router as a repeater and get rid of cable modem. $30 for hotspot would then be worth it, though I'm sure it's just a matter of time for free tethering.

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Have 2 laptops and PS3 connected at once. Phone is charging on PS3 USB and laptops are about 15 feet away. While streaming HD movie on PS3, was able to still get >2.5Mbps speedtests on laptops, some tests were >5Mbps with PS3 still streaming. And then WAS ON A PHONE CALL at same time! Phone rang, unplugged from PS3 charging, answered, put TV on mute, HD streaming continued without a hitch.

Very tempting to use a router as a repeater and get rid of cable modem. $30 for hotspot would then be worth it, though I'm sure it's just a matter of time for free tethering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12