White phone owners

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
My question is to white phone owners who have had their phone for 1-2 years. What does it look like? Dirty spots, smudge marks, areas with discolored wear?

I'm considering getting a white phone for my next phone, because I have counters that are black granite and dark wood furniture. I lose my EVO several times a day because it blends into the surfaces.

I'm not the most careful phone owner, but I don't abuse my phone either. As I look at my almost 2 year old EVO, it has some scratches, but not noticeable at all because it's black. Please don't suggest a cover. I like bare phones.

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
A friend of mine had a white EVO for a year, but kept it in a case. I've never had a white phone, but I have had colored phones and they tend to stay decent unless you shove your phone in the same pocket with your keys and it gets scratched - then dust and things get embedded in the scratches causing discolorations that are more obvious on lighter colors.

I had a red blackberry curve and a purple Optimus S. I've also had colored flip phones and things before I went to smartphones.

Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
White Evo, iPhone, iPad & Sg2ET. IMO, white devices look no weary for the wicked than black devices do.
Having had so many black devices I find I get bored with them very easily. White trends to keep me interested & keeps the device interesting.

Hopefully device manufacturers will keep putting out quality products that can endure years of use & still look like it did opening box day.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
This is good news, thanks. I thought I saw the One X was going to be released in white?

The pics I've seen are white with a black bezel, but I'm not sure what color any particular carrier will get. I'm hoping for a solid black myself, but that's just me - i completely understand the appeal of the white or colored device.

Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
As far as the white evo goes its about the aame as the black. If you don't have a case and you drop it, expect for the red underneath show up. As far as discolored or dirty spots I haven't had a single problem with it and I'm not one to worry about what's on my hands when I pick it up and use it.

DumpedDuce Approves This Message Via HTC Evo 4g

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
A couple of friends of mine have white ones for a year now and bothbof theirs still look new. :)

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Personally I've always thought white phones look like iGarbage devices. Watch for Apple to sue companies that make white devices claiming they are encroaching on Apple's turf...

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Apple can go kick rocks! Their products are nice but they don't own the copyright to white.

Sent from my rooted WHITE SGSIIE4GT via Tapatalk

mandyd78

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I had the white evo. The white paint chipped or peeled off around charger port. It's red underneath. I dropped it on sidewalk once and where it hit... the paint started peeling off also. I loved my evo, but would recommend getting a black one.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Damage is supposed to show when dropped & if it weren't for dropping mine, I would have never known it was red under the white.

That didn't stop me from getting another white phone.

Sent from my rooted WHITE SGSIIE4GT via TapaTalk

rambo47

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had my white Evo for about a year and a half. No discoloration, no chipping, no problems. Looks like the day I bought it.

mandyd78

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I should have also noted that the red also shows around the charging port and head phone jack. Just sharing my experience. I realize that damage shows. :)

ms.chris2c

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I understand the black sales more than the white ones. I had another phone sent out to me and the rep had told me that there are only white left to send out . I thought it would get dirty, but I have had it over a week now, and it looks brand new so far. Still, the black looks more sophisticated than the white as long as my phone works...that is all that matters to me. It 's kinda nice to be different.

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I understand the black sales more than the white ones. I had another phone sent out to me and the rep had told me that there are only white left to send out . I thought it would get dirty, but I have had it over a week now, and it looks brand new so far. Still, the black looks more sophisticated than the white as long as my phone works...that is all that matters to me. It 's kinda nice to be different.

Reps will say anything. They told me they couldn't keep white in stock; it was selling faster than black.

Sent from my rooted WHITE SGSIIE4GT via TapaTalk