Scrolling Lost its mind

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I just noticed that too. No screen protector here either.

Another thing that bothered me was that when someone send me a picture through mms, I can click on that little slideshow icon that shows up, but the picture only shows up for a few seconds, then the pic goes away and I am back to the message screen.

It's little crap like this that annoys the hell out of me.

Grrrrr!

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I get this in the web browser while it is still loading the page ... now I either wait for page to load or hit x and stop. Software is snapping it back to top obviously, in this case.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok weird, from the time it took to write this post to going back to the phone to play with the problem some more, it fixed itself. I did nothing, no restart, nothing, I just turned the screen back on and went back to the messaging app and the crazy scrolling was gone.

Definitely an intermittent problem.

drummer7

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I just noticed that too. No screen protector here either.

Another thing that bothered me was that when someone send me a picture through mms, I can click on that little slideshow icon that shows up, but the picture only shows up for a few seconds, then the pic goes away and I am back to the message screen.

It's little crap like this that annoys the hell out of me.

Grrrrr!

Yeah I had the same slideshow problem but I realized u can tap the picture and press pause and it will stay up

And the scrolling problem is on and off. Of course when I went to the sprint store to ask about it the scrolling wasn't snapping....awesome....

laxpinkie

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
just fyi, i went to the sprint repair store and was told by a rep (who wouldn't let me speak to a technician) that he had not heard of this issue and that all his technicians would do is restore the factory settings (which i had already done twice) to see if this fixed it. he said if they couldn't fix it, they could give me a refurbished phone or, as i was within my 30 days, i could go to radio shack where i originally purchased and get a new phone.

since my scrolling issue has pretty much stopped and i'm only have problems time to time with the phone turning off, i decided i'm going to wait and only exchange if the problems get WAY worse...because who's to say i don't end up with another phone with worse problems?

drummer7

May 16, 2010
Visit site
just fyi, i went to the sprint repair store and was told by a rep (who wouldn't let me speak to a technician) that he had not heard of this issue and that all his technicians would do is restore the factory settings (which i had already done twice) to see if this fixed it. he said if they couldn't fix it, they could give me a refurbished phone or, as i was within my 30 days, i could go to radio shack where i originally purchased and get a new phone.

since my scrolling issue has pretty much stopped and i'm only have problems time to time with the phone turning off, i decided i'm going to wait and only exchange if the problems get WAY worse...because who's to say i don't end up with another phone with worse problems?

yeah i'm doing the same exact thing

drummer7

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah its a common problem people are having with the text messaging app. Sprint technicians "never heard of it" but it seems a decent amount of people are having the problem. Hopefully if enough people complain they can fix the software issue in an update

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol