I found one setting for this and it only turns off haptic feedback for the keyboard, I need the haptic feedback/vibrate to be turned off for ALL applications like the dial keypad/calculator etc. I get the willies when my phone starts vibrating when touching things like the dam thing is alive, creepy!
    06-06-2010 06:42 PM
    Settings > Sound & display > Haptic feedback. That /should/ do it.
    06-06-2010 07:30 PM
    I have haptic feedback turned off yet the phone vibrates at the dialer. Anyone know how to turn this off?
    06-06-2010 07:54 PM
    I have haptic feedback turned off yet the phone vibrates at the dialer. Anyone know how to turn this off?
    not possible yet as far as i can tell.
    06-06-2010 07:57 PM
    Settings > Sound & display > Haptic feedback. That /should/ do it.

Thanks but that setting is already unchecked and dial pad still has that annoying vibrate. Maybe someone else can try it out to be sure it's not my device.Thanks.
    06-06-2010 07:58 PM
    Try this

20. Turn off haptic feedback. Once you get the hang of typing on the EVO's on-screen keyboard, you can turn off the haptic feedback that was turned on by default. Go to Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Touch Input -> Text input -> Vibrate when typing.

You can disable haptics in other areas of the system by going to Settings -> Sound & display -> Haptic feedback.
    Setite likes this.
    06-06-2010 10:23 PM
    Thanks Kinster. This was driving me fuggin nuts. I also turned on the keyboard sounds because those I got used to on the iphone. Now I will go see how it sounds. I'm hoping for old school typewriter... click click click click click ching slide

EDIT: ooh i like the sound. must quieter than the iphone, and it has different sounds for space and backspace.
    06-06-2010 11:09 PM
    Thanks Kinster. This was driving me fuggin nuts. I also turned on the keyboard sounds because those I got used to on the iphone. Now I will go see how it sounds. I'm hoping for old school typewriter... click click click click click ching slide

EDIT: ooh i like the sound. must quieter than the iphone, and it has different sounds for space and backspace.
    keyboard sounds? i liked those subtle input sounds on my old PalmOS devices. i'll have to check that out.
    06-07-2010 05:13 AM
    Thanks Kinster that was annoying to me and I dont need anything else draining my battery.
    06-07-2010 07:04 AM
    Try this

20. Turn off haptic feedback. Once you get the hang of typing on the EVO's on-screen keyboard, you can turn off the haptic feedback that was turned on by default. Go to Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Touch Input -> Text input -> Vibrate when typing.

You can disable haptics in other areas of the system by going to Settings -> Sound & display -> Haptic feedback.
    I have both of these unchecked but my phone still vibrates when I dial a number.
    06-07-2010 08:58 AM
    that solution works for everything but the dialpad. Dialpad has no settings to turn off haptic feedback or it's not tied to any of the available settings.
    06-07-2010 09:50 AM
    Just glad I can turn it off while typing. Not a fan of haptic feedback.
    06-07-2010 09:57 AM
    Try this

Thanks, but this doesn't turn off haptic feedback on phone keypad (new htc evo).
    Seen some posts that suggest it is a bug starting with 2.1,
    and also does not turn off haptic on calculator.
    and a post that says you can switch off haptic for the htc calculator
    with the registry on a windows mobile forum. Does droid have a registry?

I find it very distracting for the phone to "move" when I type.
    09-10-2010 06:56 PM
    I've tried both of the ways suggested in this thread to turn off Haptic feedback and when I type it still happens regardless if I am typing in email or text...
    Any ideas? I've also removed the battery for a few minutes and tried to turn off the feedback settings in both locations. Nothing.
    11-06-2010 06:54 PM
    Mine does the same.
    11-07-2010 01:26 AM
    The single quick buzz when calling out? Is that what you mean? I don't think you can disable that specifically.. I'm also a NO haptic feedback person, and having that one thing buzz on me was initially annoying, but not so bad overall.
    11-07-2010 01:32 AM
    That is my buzz also. I just ignore it now.
    11-07-2010 11:42 AM
    11-07-2010 05:22 PM
    Try this...

Home Screen | Settings | Sound... scroll down to Vibrate Feedback and un-click the check mark
    08-28-2011 05:06 PM
    It's in Settings -> Sound for the Sony Xperia Z1.
    03-25-2014 07:07 PM
    Please advise how to remove touch vibrate feedback in Samsung galaxy mini S5570i.
    06-26-2014 02:42 AM
    If you go to sounds, then other sounds, you can click off vibrate. Just did it.
    11-14-2016 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD