EVO 4G + People + Gmail Contacts = All Contacts Synced

blueorder

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to sync only "My Contact" group from Gmail on the EVO 4G?

Right now, all my contacts from gmail are syncing.

After doing some research, the People application, under Groups, is supposed to have an option in the menu to select which group to sync. I cannot find it.

Has anyone had any success doing this in the EVO?

Thanks

alister

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I stumbled upon my Exchange-only people option somewhere whereas it took my Gmail and Facebook contacts out. I turned it back on to "all" but dont recall where it was at.

Gmaxxx

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking for some help with this as well. I don't need Andre Jones to get a phone call from me at 2 in the morning because he's a Facebook friend and my phone decided to pull his contact info up! This is the only annoying thing I am experiencing with my EVO.

phwelo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I didn't see an option to only show 'my contacts' in that menu, but for me the option to only show contacts with phone numbers is just what I need

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

mojo

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The Hero had a similar problem (basic groups - friends, co-workers) not showing up at all. I am not sure if this is Android, HTC or Sprint screwing with things, but I really HATE having to flip through 1400 names and NOT having "My Contacts". I ended up switching over to a custom ROM and it was resolved, so hopefully it is soon.

Bic

May 18, 2010
Visit site
could someone point me ti info about what "link" means in phone contacts? how does this work, how do I link/unlink?

mojo

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you press "link" on someone's profile it will take you to suggested links, below that will be Linked contacts for the same person. Depending on what social services (twitter, facebook, etc) you are able to link the profile to them. You can do this manually as well at the very bottom of the same page. Once they are linked the "link" turns green, clicking on the green "link" un-links them for that service. Make sure to press "Done" at the bottom to save your changes.

njfoses

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to sync only "My Contact" group from Gmail on the EVO 4G?

Right now, all my contacts from gmail are syncing.

After doing some research, the People application, under Groups, is supposed to have an option in the menu to select which group to sync. I cannot find it.

Has anyone had any success doing this in the EVO?

Thanks

Anybody have an answer for this? I dont want every person i email or receive email from in my contacts!

Vetdoctor

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
i'm not completely sure how to do this but if you use the view show phone contacts only in your list with the narrow down to what you want . of course the problem is moving to contact you want to the phone .

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Bumping this up because I'm having a problem getting a contact I added on the web to my primary Gmail account refusing to sync with the phone. I have this person as a Facebook friend and follow her Twitter, but I made an entry for her in My Contacts online with her address so I could navigate there. Even after forcing Gmail sync, it only has the info she had in her FB profile, meaning no address. There is no way to link it to the Gmail contact because it doesn't seem to be on the phone. Any way to fix this? TIA.

Last edited:

Chewieez

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I have this same question. It seems the option to choose which groups to sync is not included in the EVO version of Sense. It's bugging me too as I have 450 in My Contacts and 490 in Other Contacts. Other contacts are mainly just email addresses from people who have emailed me which I do not need on my phone.