People search before creating new threads!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
The Evo forum is becoming completely chaotic with everyone creating multiple threads on the same topic without even looking. When you type your Title the site does show you "Similar threads" so you should look into those before creating a new thread on the same topic.

This will ensure that your problems/comments get addressed and also helps to keep this forum organized. The forum is almost becoming unreadable.

SO PLEASE CHECK BEFORE STARTING NEW THREAD.

RANT OVER, so go back to what you were doing. :cool:

Jordus

Banned
May 5, 2010
Visit site
You are spot on, and I harp at people when they make repeat topics but the mods/admins just threaten me and say its not my place. *shrug*

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
+100!!!! I even asked Corey to clean it up. I am having a hard time keeping up with people with real issues that haven't already been addressed because there's so many duplicate threads.

I have pretty much given up on this area and am almost exclusively helping in the hacks forum.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't really mind. I think this whole "issue" is overrated.

Sometimes people just want newer answers. Plus, it's kinda hard to keep reading through hundreds and hundreds of pages on one thread.

I don't usually repeat posts, since I do look at the similar threads that are suggested when I try to post a new one, but I don't mind people doing that.

I get where you are coming from, but to me, it doesn't really matter. Just let the user enjoy the forums. Internet is free space. Why regulate it so much?

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Because it rapidly leads to anarchy as EVERYONE starts their own thread about a common issue - e.g. I just got an EVO; I used to have a Pre; what's with battery life? - instead of searching for an existing thread on the topic which may've answered the question. Learning to use the Search feature is basic INT101 stuff and the reason most people don't isn't because they're incapable, but because they can't be bothered to have their personal issues addressed immediately.

Earlier this evening, I was curious if anyone had thoughts on the Dolphin HD browser and did a search finding a thread that I added to, bumping it up, thus reinvigorating the discussion without starting a new, duplicate thread.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Guys, if you could see the amount of threads that have been removed you would be shocked. With the amount of people flooding these forums lately it's going to get a bit messy and we do our best to clean it up. We do have our own lives and need a little bit of sleep as well so be patient. Thanks.

You are spot on, and I harp at people when they make repeat topics but the mods/admins just threaten me and say its not my place. *shrug*

And for you, you don't harp at people you insult them - huge difference. And there will be no more "threats" for you. You've had enough warnings.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza