HTC Ring tone trimmer

quadcam#CB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Great application, shame must of us didn't know it even existed.

Ok so I figured out how to use it BUT if I save a trimmed ringtone and later decide I dont like it and want to delete that ringtone so save storage space, HOW do I delete it?
Can NOT find it in any file on the phone, either via settings, a file manager app or via the pc. The trimmed ringtones are not in audio/notifications/ringtones nor any other accessiable folder.

Any clues?

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if you're talking about ringdroid or not but if you are than the folder you want does exist. Use a file manager and look for a "media" folder and there's a file called "ringtones"

quadcam#CB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks dizzle 16, I did finally find the 'seperate' ringtone folder that Trimmer uses, different folder to the other ringtones. I was looking to find the ringtones I made by mistake, the ones I didn't trim by accident, they were full length of the song, so I wanted to locate & delete those ones.
Finally firgured out the filing method for this app, the long/original song as a ring tone was stored in the music folder under the same file name, I guess to save space. The only way I could remove that ringtone entry, when you go to select a new ringtone to use, was to delete the actual mp3 file for that song in the music folder and then re install the same mp3 back into the music folder. Seems I was not actually using more space by having 2 'songs' stored, the android system was sharing files.
Thanks anyway