Random & Constant Restarting

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
VegasRich, I just read 10 pages of threads to find THIS ONE, any chance you could give the search terms?

My evo rebooted itself 9 times today - I had no time to launch ANY apps and later when I checked, "Maps" was running - I didn't even start it?! Several other apps were as well, and I hadn't started any of them after the reset. I'm not sure if they are set to run or if it's some kind of memory thing....... 9 resets in 2 hours is unacceptable.

androidvirgin

May 17, 2010
Visit site
we've got too parallel threads going, so I'll repost what I just posted on the other one:
_____

sorry to hijack your thread slightly, but I just took the time to read the documentation for SystemPanel (a manual task killer for those who don't know it). I was a bit enlightened to learn that killing apps to free memory actually is detrimental to battery life because Android will have to waste energy to reload them later. Also pointed out is "It takes the same amount of power to hold "nothing" in memory as it does to hold actual data."

Please reference (it's a good read):
Task Management | android.nextapp.com
Why Automatic Task Killing is a Bad Idea | android.nextapp.com

I'm going to stop killing apps like Maps, and Sprint Zone, and MP3 Store for a few days and see what happens.

P.S. I've had two consecutive reboots today, we'll see what happens in the coming days.

CEaton

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Uh oh, mine does this, sometimes every 10 mins, sometimes twice a day. Happen a lot one day, I reverted to factory, started doing it about 4 days later.

My friend's is doing the same thing....

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
After having taskos, atk, and unrevoked, my phone was starting to do this. I completed a hard reset two days ago and haven't had it happen since.

gadgetluva

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Uh oh, mine does this, sometimes every 10 mins, sometimes twice a day. Happen a lot one day, I reverted to factory, started doing it about 4 days later.

Did you turn off "always on data"? If you turned it off, try switching it back on.

Cr12

May 13, 2010
Visit site

exact same problem, mine started doing it, i did a factory and it quit for about four days and started again.
driving me crazy

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The reboots started again today. WHILE ON A CALL. Then 4 more times.. .started today about the same time it started yesterday. WTF!!!!!

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
wwjd4pk, did you recheck the "always on data" option? Since you have two Evo's, you should check one on one device, and leave the other unchecked...... see what happens. ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz