Alarm clock didn't go off

thebeste

May 16, 2010
Visit site
My new Evo must have learned some bad habits from my Pre as my alarm clock did not go off this morning. Has this happen to anyone else?

fraz

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Mine worked ok - as I set a test alarm lastnight to make sure it would go off this morning.

While in the alarm tone option, make sure the alarm volume is up by pressing the volume keys on the side.

kona2day

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Do you have a Task Killer or Task Cleaner installed? I had this happen to me when I installed Task Cleaner on my Hero. I would clear everything (including my clock) and when you do that it basically disables the clock, alarm or anything associated with it. All I did was either not clear the clock on Task Cleaner or after I did the Task Cleaner would go back and just open up the clock app and that would make it fine again.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
My new Evo must have learned some bad habits from my Pre as my alarm clock did not go off this morning. Has this happen to anyone else?

First, get rid of your taskkiller. You killed the alarm. Remove TK, reboot phone, test alarm.

Second you need to make sure your alarm volume is turned up. This has absolutely nothing to do with ring volume or media volume. Go into your alarm > click alarm sound > When in alarm sound screen turn alarm volume all the way up.

thebeste

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the help! I do have a task killer and I see what you are all talking about with it killing the alarm. Is it best to NOT use a task killer? I see many different opinions on this subject.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
would NOT consider getting rid of my task killer but ya definatelly set the task killer to ignore the clock. Also if you have the bick clock widget on the screen also set your task killer to ignore weather or it will not keep it updated.

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I had some bad experience this sunday morning. Since i drained my battery, so it's power off, and I plugged charger b4 i went to bed. maybe i was wrong, but I thought it should've still alarmed in the morning(0625am). Unfortunately, it didn't.

MrLogan13

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Get rid of the task killer. There are numerous articles on here, and elsewhere, that have demonstrated that task killers can make the OS unstable.

ZombieRace

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Worked like a charm, even with a task killer. The key with those is to use them sparingly on non-critical applications only. Just set it to ignore your clock, you should be fine.

bj1126

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I love this forum! This is exactly what I was coming here to find out about. Mine failed to go off. I set it for an hour later and it went off fine. Task killer was set to auto kill the clock but I hadn't told it to kill stuff in that hour test window.

tmess9

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My Evo alarm did not go off this morning. I tested it today, and if i set an alarm after 6:00 am, it works, but if I set it for before 6:00 am, after i hit "done", and go to the overview screen of alarms, the time remains black, doesn't go grey like the rest of them? anyone else having this issue, and know of any fixes?
Thanks!

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My EVO started freaking out a week ago (nightmare detailed here) and I did a Factory Reset Sunday night. Yesterday, after having it reboot twice on me - once when it was just sitting on my desk; the other in mid-phone call - I stopped at the Sprint store and they did a hard reset. I reinstalled a batch of apps including Auto Task Killer - save the "You're not supposed to use those! They kill baby pandas!!" junk; battery life is unacceptable without it - and this morning, my alarm didn't go off. I tried resetting it several times to a few minutes down the line and only once did it go off.

While driving in I suspected I'd forgotten to exempt Clock from the ATK and I was right. However, even after exempting it and restarting the phone, it still doesn't ring; only once out of five times since I got to work has it gone off. Any ideas or is my phone just going bad? Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis