Incoming SMS not vibrating.

whaddupdoe

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I get an incoming text, the phone never vibrates nor does the display turn on. Is anyone else having this issue and is their a way to fix this. I have incoming text set to vibrate in settings.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
The phone shouldn't turn on but the led should flash in the top of ur phone. Also u can add the vibrate function in ur settings

whaddupdoe

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I have the vibrate function on in my settings but it still doesnt work. I also have it set to vibrate when i send a text and it wont vibrate when I send them either.

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Try free app "SMS Pop up" or "sms" by andro apps. These should do the trick for you. Handcent would be another option if you can find it on the "market"

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The phone shouldn't turn on but the led should flash in the top of ur phone. Also u can add the vibrate function in ur settings

The display did come on when I received a text or email when I first got the evo. I think the second update killed this function.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
are you serious? have to do a hard reset to fix this issue?!

Hard reset used to be scary words but now-a-days a hard reset will only take a min or two.

Keep in mind, your contacts should be stored in Gmail so you wont have to re-add them they will just sync automatically. Your apps are stored under your Gmail user name in the market so if you've downloaded any protected apps, once you sign in under your gmail account they show back up in the market under download. Your pix are on the SD card. Your music is on the SD card. The only thing that doesn't stick is things like user settings (sounds, background,etc etc) and as the famous line goes, "there's an app for that" ;)

ptlm3

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here, I have been working on it all morning. I was beginning to think I was the only one with this problem. It seems to have happened after the update. I guess I'll just have to do a hard reset and hope that helps.

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
@KSmithInNY - I barely put in any phone numbers yet, thanks I'll be sure to do it the "right" way after a reset.

dgoodson

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Download "Sound Manager" from Marketplace

This happened to me too and I found the fix below in another forum.

Download "Sound Manager" from the Marketplace (it's free). When you launch the app, hit menu and select Vibrate Settings, and make sure they're not set to "Don't vibrate".

Very weird cuz yeah, no matter what I did in the application or notification settings, it wouldn't fix it until i used that app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084