sprint had the wrong prices, now they want more $$$

znep

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
When I ordered my Evo on Friday as a new sprint customer, I used the Everything Plus employee referral program... it showed $59.99 for Everything Plus Data 500, $10 premium data services, and $19.99 for the mobile hotspot feature.... $10 less than they listed for their normal plans.

Now they called and told me that was a mistake and they are going to charge the regular price of $29.99 for the mobile hotspot feature. Guess that means I'll just root it and use another solution for that, but that is a pretty bad first experience. Hopefully it gets better from here...

znep

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
well, technically the hotspot feature is $30, though being on an employee referral plan shouldn't make it any less.

Technically it is whatever they want to charge for it. Every bit of information I could find about the price on the employee referral plan was on the employee referral website which said $19.99, as did my order confirmation, etc.

How am I supposed to know that they didn't decide to discount it? Mistakes happen, but ... not a good experience so far.

Aridon

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
You have two options:

Try to leave and see if they match the original deal

Root, get it for free and save even more.

bkrodgers

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the $19.99 price for the hotspot when I was browsing the EPRP site last weekend. I thought it might be a mistake...

vandi

May 13, 2010
Visit site
If you have an image of this, you can insist on them honoring their prices (unless there is fine print) Depending on the state attorney general, you can contact them as well along with the BBB. I've seen class-action suits for less than this. Getting a lawyer is always fun... but then you just risk losing the program.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks