Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone notice it takes a while to download apps from the Market (on the EVO)

Sometimes it takes a good 5 minutes for the downoad to start. What gives? On the Pre it was instant. Why does it take a while for an app to actually start downloading?

i'm mostly on wifi, but its damn near instant for me.. perhaps a few more details may help us
    Sprint|HTC|EVO 4G|Supersonic!
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

when you select download, sometimes nothing happens for a couple of minutes and then it queues in and downloads it.

Sorry, I personally have no problem with downloading apps from the Market on my Evo; it's takes 10 seconds most for it to be downloaded and installed.

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

It's so fast for me that most times, the app is downloaded and installed before I can hit the home screen button and swipe down the notifications curtain (or whatever it's called).

Mine are always quick to download also...

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

mine download pretty quick

my downloads start immediately and are completely DL'd very fast as well.

No problem ! Try loading an app from BB app world now that's slow with a 10 min. re boot.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

no problems here either.

Quote Originally Posted by drdrewdown View Post
    i'm mostly on wifi, but its damn near instant for me.. perhaps a few more details may help us
    Ditto...in seconds I'm done!
    The EVO | The iPad | Alienware Desktop Systems - "The Unholy Three of technology" | ... "I'm a baaaad man..." - Samuel L. Jackson
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

maybe its my wifi
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    maybe its my wifi
    How is it on 3G / 4G ?
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

on 3g it's instant. i guess my wifi has bad ping times? lol

Instantaneous for me.

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

works fine for me...it's really quick and im only on 2 bar in my apartment

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

Mine have been super fast, even with 3G at the lowest bar. A lot faster than my iPhone was.

Global Posts
    698 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyone notice it takes a while to download apps from the Market (on the EVO)

I've noticed the same thing. It does seem to take a while to download apps from the market compared to my Hero. I've tested this on WiFi and 3g data. It's not a huge deal for me but I have noticed this.

Mine are done by the time I pulled down the curtain and click on them.

If its on wifi it could be a hardware firewall issue, i had a Moto CLIQ XT for a few weeks and had trouble downloading on wifi, enabled DMZ mode on my XT, and that fixed it. I do not have that issue on my EVO 4G, but i also have a new router now

It's not just you OP.

Your phone needs a forced check-in while it's on Wifi. Unfortunatley I have no idea how to do it on the Evo yet lol.

Eventually, one of the times while you're using the market you'll see your 3G flash and upload even while wifi is connected. Then wifi works as well as 3G. The Market needs to verify the network you're on is what's going on.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리