Help! Evo won't boot.

Frankenstein

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I bought my Evo Friday and have been loving it, however about 15 min ago, I had to restart because a couple of apps I was trying to download in the market weren't getting past the "starting download" status. So I powered down, and when I went to power back on, it wouldn't get past the Sprint 4G animation. It keeps repeating that same annoying 4G animation/beeping tone over and over again. Does anybody know what the problem might be or if there is a quick fix? Thanks in advance.

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
My phone started doing the same thing tonight directly after downloading and installing the unrevoked root file. How did you fix this?

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you may have to do a factory reset

Jesus, I have over 200 pictures on there that I just can not afford to lose... (my girlfriend and my first fishing trip together) Birthday pictures, etc. Is there no other way? If not, how do I go about doing a factory reset? Or, is there a lighter, less aggressive reset I can try first?

Thanks

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
the clear storage doesnt wipe the SD card,but i would just pull it just in case. While the phone is off, hold the power button and the volume down button until you see a white screen with a bunch of colors, then use the volume up and down buttons to select clear storage then press the power button to select

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to all who have been helping me thus far. So I pulled the sd card and did the hard reset. After getting the os back up and running, I inserted the sd card. It is saying there is an error. Blank SD Card: SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem. Any ideas about this? Is there any way that if pictures were on there, (which I'm assuming there were because don't your pictures automatically save to the sd card?) they would have been erased even though I pulled it before doing the reset? There's no way I'm formatting the sd card because that will 100% delete any info on there. Now this has got me thinking... there was an ota fix for the sd card on launch day. Do I have to go through that all over again? Along with the 6/29 update?

boston_ant

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok. I don't know how but everything is working fine today. I got a micro sd card reader so I could pop the thing in my computer. My laptop was telling me the same thing my phone was... that it was blank. I put the card back in my phone and just like that, my pictures started to appear. I wasted no time transferring them to my computer. No more sd card error, everything looks good now. Now just waiting on froyo! Thanks for all your advice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908