LOVE the phone... can't take the battery.

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
What apps to you tend to use? Since you have everything off, I'd imagine it's an app issue, heavy use (Compared to myself) or a bad battery maybe?

This drain is from simply using the phone to surf the web.

The third party apps I have installed are:

1) ATK running to kill apps I dont use

2) Album Art Grabber

3) AP

4) AppInstaller

5) Astrid Tasks (running widget)

6) Astro

7) Barcode Scanner

8) Battery Indicator (running widget)

9) Brightness Level

10) Calvin and Hobbes

11) Color Note

12) Ebuddy (not running right now but usually in background)

13) Fandango

14) Fring (not running)

15) HistoryEraser

16) Kodak

17) Layar

18) Google Googles

19) Korean Keyboard for input

None of those apps are running right now, unless I indicate widgets.

I dont understand what the hell is draining the battery.

The only thing I can think about is the Korean Keyboard, but I only use it during emails and I doubt that it could drain the battery that bad.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Please list all 3rd party apps. For example, what is that battery percentage indicator at the top. Is it polling your battery constantly?

What is your backlight setting set to?

Are you using the stock charger/cable that came with the phone to charge it?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Please list all 3rd party apps. For example, what is that battery percentage indicator at the top. Is it polling your battery constantly?

What is your backlight setting set to?

Are you using the stock charger/cable that came with the phone to charge it?

i have a theory that 99% of all problems are caused by user error.

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Craptastic F'ing Thread.

You couldn't have posted this in any of the numerous complaint threads about the battery? Take it back or quit fretting over it. Did it actually die on you? Quit watching the battery status like an expectant mother and just enjoy you phone. If you can't do that I'd suggest taking the phone back.

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Craptastic F'ing Thread.

You couldn't have posted this in any of the numerous complaint threads about the battery? Take it back or quit fretting over it. Did it actually die on you? Quit watching the battery status like an expectant mother and just enjoy you phone. If you can't do that I'd suggest taking the phone back.

hmm, I cant enjoy the phone because the battery drains and it dies on me. So how do you suggest I enjoy it? as a paperweight?

yes it dies on me twice a day since I have to charge it twice a day. I did post in other threads, but was hoping starting a thread would get ppl to focus and help me (which is working) but your the only one that is not helping, so you can just ignore this thread and go on your merry way and stop chiding people like your their mothers.

Its also obvious that you didnt read anything and just trying to flame this thread. Since my original post clearly indicates that it has come off the charger and within one hr dropped to 62%

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Okay, try dumping ATK, Ebuddy, and Battery Indicator. My guess is Ebuddy is the biggest offender.

Okay I will try that and uninstall Ebuddy and Battery Indicator. I saw on other sites people reporting great use and snapshots showed battery indicator running.

Do you have any other IM clients that you can recommend?

I have the brightness down to like 30%, took it off auto adjust. I am also using the OEM charger, and cable at the moment.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Okay I will try that and uninstall Ebuddy and Battery Indicator. I saw on other sites people reporting great use and snapshots showed battery indicator running.

I have the brightness down to like 30%, took it off auto adjust. I am also using the OEM charger, and cable at the moment.

This might not be a solution for you, but I dumped all IM clients and just use Gtalk. I got frustrated with the poor battery life the chat programs were giving me. You should't have to take your brightness off of auto adjust.

gaguy

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Hmm, that's one thing I just noticed by your screen shot that is different than my battery usage. The display doesn't even show up as a battery user on my list. I have the following:

Android System: 90%
Cell Standby: 2%
Voice Calls: 2%
Bluetooth: 2%
Wi-Fi: 2%
Phone Idle: 2%

I haven't adjusted my brightness levels from the original settings.

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, that's one thing I just noticed by your screen shot that is different than my battery usage. The display doesn't even show up as a battery user on my list. I have the following:

Android System: 90%
Cell Standby: 2%
Voice Calls: 2%
Bluetooth: 2%
Wi-Fi: 2%
Phone Idle: 2%

I haven't adjusted my brightness levels from the original settings.

How long is your battery life? I wonder if manual brightness eats up battery?

gaguy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How long is your battery life? I wonder if manual brightness eats up battery?

Current status is showing "13h 28m 2s since unplugged" Other %'s are same as I posted earlier.

My battery indicator just dropped to the first "yellow" bar (Showing three now in this about app), however I've been playing around with the Android LED light widget to see how bright it was and have had it on for probably 10 minutes straight which I'm sure has had an effect. (It changed to yellow while testing the light just now).

-GAGuy

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
IT seems even with setting the brightness at "auto" the battery indicator shows "Display 16%" Most screen shots I've seen seems to show that Display does not show up or is negligible (2%).

People with battery issues or perfect battery: do you see Display when you check Battery use details? If so, how high is the percentage? Mine is always staying at 16% and I'm starting to think this may be the issue. Or I'm just going crazy...

gaguy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not to sound silly or anything, but do you think it could simply be that you have the screen on more since you're monitoring it so much right now since it's new and you have this issue? Maybe it isn't really the brightness by itself, but just an idle phone with the screen on a lot?

I know if I leave my screen on with my iPhone the battery tends to drain much more than an "average days use". I can only imagine what this large of a screen would do if it's on more than normal.

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I'm going on 12h 40m and have 40% left.
I have bluetooth on (Connected to headset)

Wifi on (Connected to work Wifi earlier and home currently),

GPS on (Did some google map searches earlier looking for a micro hdmi cable provider)

4G off (Poor coverage atm)

I've been installing apps, streaming pandora < 30 min today, surfing internet (prob around 1 hour worth), prob close to 1 - 1.5 hours of phone calls..

Not to sound silly or anything, but do you think it could simply be that you have the screen on more since you're monitoring it so much right now since it's new and you have this issue? Maybe it isn't really the brightness by itself, but just an idle phone with the screen on a lot?

I know if I leave my screen on with my iPhone the battery tends to drain much more than an "average days use". I can only imagine what this large of a screen would do if it's on more than normal.

Could be, but based on your claims of phone usage today, I doubt it.

I surfed web for maybe an hr and listen to music off SD card and sent some text messages and got 9hrs before recharge. and then after recharge dropped to 62% within 1hr. (checking battery after leaving it unplugged).

I'm about to go to bed so I will see what the display usage is when I take it off the charger tomorrow morning and letting it idle for 8-9hrs.

eKennedy#AC

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Yesterday, I got 4.5 hours of battery life before it died entirely. Last night I installed ATK, set it to Agressive, 30 mins, and today I'm at 10 hours unplugged and only down to 25%.

So it looks like ATK caused a huge improvement in battery life for me. But just to check I'm going to keep all my settings the same tomorrow, except turning off ATK, and will see if the battery life remains good or plummets again.

fuctstar

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I have to admit I was a bit paranoid about batt life when I first got it and it started to die after leaving it unplugged all night. But after only like a slight 20 minute charge in my car the next morning I got a full 24 hours out of it, just had automatic screen time out and vibrate only on.

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have excellent battery life and here is what it's saying for me:

Cell Standby 22%
Android System 23%
Wi-Fi 22%
Phone Idle 20%
Display 7%
Aquarium Donation 2%
Android OS 2%

Running with Wi-Fi and GPS on, 4G off. Live Wallpaper. Auto brightness. No task killer.

dkuchy

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
!

This is very weird,i took my phone off of the charger with a 100% full charge and literally 5 minutes later I was down by 15% battery! I just got down installing a few games that were all lite versions has anyone had this type of crazy battery drain before?

I have been following all of the battery saving tips. Maybe bad apps? Any help would be welcomed

Sorry to hear. It may be signal in your area or a bad phone/battery. My experience has been amazing! I'm easily getting through a day+ of heavy/medium usage with no problem.

BTW...not using any appkillers or a huge amount of dl'ed apps atm.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol