LOVE the phone... can't take the battery.

donald.aleshire

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
This is very weird,i took my phone off of the charger with a 100% full charge and literally 5 minutes later I was down by 15% battery! I just got down installing a few games that were all lite versions has anyone had this type of crazy battery drain before?

I have been following all of the battery saving tips. Maybe bad apps? Any help would be welcomed

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
ok, literally 5 minutes?

Cause then check if your battery indicator is lying to you.
Try resetting and whatnot.

Tell us if it still does it.
Also, download a free task killer that has good reviews'ish... and perform the task killer when you realize you have too many apps running.

donald.aleshire

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
i had a task killer already installed but decided to stop it and try running apps without it...i am currently recharging the phone and going to try this again.i will let you know my results asap

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
i had a task killer already installed but decided to stop it and try running apps without it...i am currently recharging the phone and going to try this again.i will let you know my results asap

Hope it works... I've had my phone running for like 8-10 hours of moderate usage and I'm at 37%. This itself makes the phone better than my previous Palm Pre.

ajg23

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Battery indicators are not accurate at first. Need a couple full discharges/charges...

(Afterwards you don't want to fully discharge battery if you can help it to maximize battery life...)

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
That sounds like a faulty battery indicator. I had the exact same issue with the ol' palm pre. Happened a couple times actually. First time was within a half hour of taking it off the charger. I thought it was weird the first time and I put it on the charger and it took the whole two hours or so to recharge. So I really thought it was a phone problem. The second time it happened I restarted the phone and it was fine. Battery indicator showed 15% before the restart, then it showed 94% after the restart. Not sure if this is the same problem that you are having, but thought i'd share since it sounds similar.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
There is something wrong here. There is no way you can drain the battery to 15% after 5 Minutes if you had 100% charge. Seems like either your phone is waaaay out of calibration, or there is something wrong with your phone or battery. Try calibrating your battery.

bucko21

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Stupid question but doesn't the Incredible have this same problem? I remember reading that when you charge the incredible it says fully charged then when you take it off it is at 90% in no time then you recharge it and it takes a few hours to get fully recharged. The Incredible people say it's a software error and will be fixed. They are charging until fully charged disconnecting then charging again and then it is fine. Check over on the Sister Site Crackberry.com under the Android forum..

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok if you would have checked forum before posting this thread I just put a thread up about this same issue... This is my second morning now of removing the phone off the charger from charging it overnight and it saying fully charged 100% and then within like 5 mins or so it drops to like 89% without me barely doing anything and then I look at battery usage and it shows Android system at 57%. I don't know what to do, I have done the task killer and stuff, for the most part the rest of the day its fine, but why is it dropping so fast to start with? I'm wondering if its because once the battery is fully charged its stops charging, but i don't know any help would be appreciated!

Someone responded in other thread saying It's a software thing. When the battery is fully charged, the system is only interpreting it at 90%. As long as it doesn't drop to 80% in 5 more minutes, it's normal for the time being.

I don't know if thats right as it seems weird but maybe and I am glad to see its not only me seeing this. And people I know how to turn things off and I have them off that is not the problem.

donald.aleshire

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I personally think it could be from the apps that I have loaded on the phone, some portuguese are games and probably are not shutting down properly, today its another test so we shall see

jfchica1987

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
i took my phone off the charger and it was at 100 percent and after 20 minutes and the only thing i was doing was texting, the phone was down to 92 percent, and now its been about an hour and its down to 84 percent, does that sound about right?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
i took my phone off the charger and it was at 100 percent and after 20 minutes and the only thing i was doing was texting, the phone was down to 92 percent, and now its been about an hour and its down to 84 percent, does that sound about right?

That's what I've been seeing, a base of around 10%/hr depending on activity.

Dragnz

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm also having this issue. 100 % then take it of charger. Within 5 mins i'm down to around 92 %. I have everything turned off(gps, 4g, haptic feedback) and everything I could find set to sync every 2 hrs. After that first bad drop though it levels out to around 3-4 % a hour idle. I hope this is just a simple software update to fix it.

alextrox69

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
My phone has been uplugged for 3 h 23 mins and in at 57 percent batyery...ive been using it above average usage but i dont think it should have went down that fast...but for going down that quick in 5 mins something has to be out of place with your phone im thinking

cheebahawk1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Advanced Task Killer Battery drain is this normal?

I just installed ATK after fully charging the Evo. Started to kill apps such as:

1) Sprint Live, Sprint navigation, Stock, Amazon MP3 (all apps that I didnt even touch)

Within 15 minutes my battery has drained to less than 50%.

Is it from ATK or a battery calibration issue?

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I just installed ATK after fully charging the Evo. Started to kill apps such as:

1) Sprint Live, Sprint navigation, Stock, Amazon MP3 (all apps that I didnt even touch)

Within 15 minutes my battery has drained to less than 50%.

Is it from ATK or a battery calibration issue?

Remove ATK and see if it still drains that fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007