1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Qik Video Chat from EVO to Desktop

I understand how to QIK to QIK via phones, but has anyone figured out how to perform a video chat from your EVO to someone on a computer. I remember this being listed as one of the features, however i can't seem to find it anywhere in the menus or settings.

Thanks

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

U have to have skype n fring on ur ph n there u go

No one? Anyone?
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    3,972 Global Posts

Nope. Fring will, though.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I have used Fring, but I was hoping that qik might perform a little better. Oh well. Thanks for the replys.

I've been trying the same thing and just can't figure it out.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Yes, I've read mutliple times that Qik will allow a video chat with a desktop, but I can't find that feature either. I've emailed Qik through their website but have never gotten a response.

I used fring to talk to my Mom on her desktop computer with Skype.
    It worked GREAT!

We're talking about Qik, not Skype or Fring here guys..

Currently Qik only works mobile to mobile on the EVO. The desktop app only works for viewing recorded video.(per Qik CS)

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

when you create an account with Qik it gives you a permanent address at qik.com/username you share that address with whomever you want and when you click to record video it simultaneously is transmitted to your qik.com/username website, the other party need to navigate to that link and watch you live...
    Inspector Gadget

Global Posts
    2,058 Global Posts
    ROM
    "Kit-Kat" 4.2.2 Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bretov View Post
    when you create an account with Qik it gives you a permanent address at qik.com/username you share that address with whomever you want and when you click to record video it simultaneously is transmitted to your qik.com/username website, the other party need to navigate to that link and watch you live...
    But that's not a video chat. That's a BROADCAST. Meaning anyone you gave the address to can watch/listen to what you're saying. That's no good for a one-on-one conversion.

Hopefully, Qik will get a full video chat to desktop implementation soon.

Anyone have skype that I can test this with? I really just want to see fring at work