notification light not always working

jmackd1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
anyone else notice that the notification light doesn't work all the time? Mine works for notifications maybe 70% of the time....I'll have several SMS and emails but no notification light blinking...

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I believe that the notification light actually stops blinking after a while and not blink indefinitely.

Today was my first full day of work (and not playing with it all day long like on Friday). I was in and out of my cube all day and just checked to see if my LED was blinking. It wasn't....but later when I came back and actually unlocked the phone, I had missed a whole bunch of messages!

I decided to send myself and e-mail from work...it arrived on my phone...LED was blinking...and I just left it there. Came back to my cube about 30-45 minutes later...and the LED stopped, but the e-mail was still waiting in the notification bar.

akarol

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have some issues with third-party apps but haven't noticed anything with the native apps. I'll keep an eye out. Nothing a simple fix won't fix.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Mine does that too, it will blink after recieving a message but will then stop blinking after a while. I thought that maybe if you were in the text message app already and you are receiving a message from the person whose text message conversation you currently have open the light won't blink, but that theory got shot down quickly when she send me another text.

Someone email HTC or Sprint about this...this needs fixing fast. What's the point of having a notification light if it only blinks for a few mins?

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Glad it's not just me... I had this problem myself as well, I had a text message sitting there for 20 mins and didn't see the LED blinking..

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I called into HTC regarding this, the rep told me this was intentional by design to conserve on battery life.. However I seriously doubt that leaving a LED to blink continuously until the alert cleared is sucking THAT much juice.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shao61