Why Sprint Why??

emeraldayotte

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The news of the iPhone 4 was very underwelming IMO. With the exception of screen resolution, the Evo outspecs the iPhone in just about every category.

Just frustrating that we know Apple's marketing gurus will market the hell outta of this thing. All Sprint has to show for it so far....a nice commercial but not anything that's going to win over consumers.

I think techies get how the Evo wins in most categories but the average consumer won't have any idea because the marketing isn't strong enough.

Why Sprint? Why?

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
The Evo has sold pretty well regardless of the lack of ads. I don't really need to justify my purchase based on what other people have bought though.

Schmid7y

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Underwhelmed? To my knowledge, the EVO only really beats the iPhone in 1 category: the camera(s). The iPhone has a nicer screen (imo) better battery life, more apps, smaller design, lighter weight, and nice design (imo). I am not AT ALL bashing the EVO, I was the first one in line at my local store. Why are you calling out Sprint? It is a record breaking phone sales wise. The ads will come, huge products sometimes don't need as many ads as you think. I have maybe seen 3 iPhone 3GS ads so far. Just give it time, why advertise it when they are sold out?

mrconfused

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Exactly they cannot meet the demand for the phone right now. I wouldnt push to hard to get people angry that they cannot get them. I got mine Friday and returned to BB today and there were people all over wanting the phone but they wont see any for 2 weeks.

duckwars

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Screen is a toss up. It depends if you want resolution or more screen size.... I'm willing to bet when you put the two side-by-side, most people would rather have the EVO screen... but what do I know?

The big thing iPhone has is battery life. Although, iPhones have never had background apps running, so maybe this will take away from it, but as someone coming from a 3Gs, the battery life is noticeable. It seems i4 will be even better than the 3Gs in battery.

ArkAngel06

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a feeling the iPhone camera will be better....You guys forget, just because its a 5mp camera vs an 8mp, doesn't mean the iPhone's will not look better. Mega Pixels don't mean much when it comes to graininess and overall quality.

In fact, most of the pictures I took with my iPhone 3g, looked better than they do on my Evo. And don't get me started on the "HD" video recording.

I still like the Evo better...Screen size is just something that I never knew I was missing out on. Hard to describe, but it just feels so right. Over all quality feels better than my iPhone 3g too.

blupit30

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Underwhelmed? To my knowledge, the EVO only really beats the iPhone in 1 category: the camera(s). The iPhone has a nicer screen (imo) better battery life, more apps, smaller design, lighter weight, and nice design (imo). I am not AT ALL bashing the EVO, I was the first one in line at my local store. Why are you calling out Sprint? It is a record breaking phone sales wise. The ads will come, huge products sometimes don't need as many ads as you think. I have maybe seen 3 iPhone 3GS ads so far. Just give it time, why advertise it when they are sold out?

sounds like a fan boy comment. look at the spec sheet b4 you say the evo only wins 1 category. and heres a big win- we have 4g. how long till at&t gets it?

sprint has a sure winner here. i would say they will run the evo adds about the same time the icrap shows up. that would be the right time imo.
numbers dont lie. evo set a record.
i love my evo plain and simple.

wphend00

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have a feeling the iPhone camera will be better....You guys forget, just because its a 5mp camera vs an 8mp, doesn't mean the iPhone's will not look better. Mega Pixels don't mean much when it comes to graininess and overall quality.

In fact, most of the pictures I took with my iPhone 3g, looked better than they do on my Evo. And don't get me started on the "HD" video recording.

I still like the Evo better...Screen size is just something that I never knew I was missing out on. Hard to describe, but it just feels so right. Over all quality feels better than my iPhone 3g too.

I agree...
THe EVO has the bigger screen, probably more onboard memory, more upgradeable ram, 4g.

Iphone has the BETTER screen, better camera, itunes and appstore...
It would be a tie, in my eyes, but because Apple is stuck to ATT, THEY LOSE hands down...

pooch_spit

May 31, 2010
Visit site
the new iPhone 4 announcement has me second guessing if I should keep the Evo. The HD recording quality is disappointing to me, the audio sounds muffled (mono?), even the video on my 3GS has better sound. Also the framerate is choppy and battery life is too short.

Gonna hold on to the Evo for 3 more weeks, pick up an iPhone 4 and compare them...but I might just wait until later to buy an Android phone that's a keeper once the battery life and video is truly what it's advertised to be.

gdubmedia

Dec 14, 2009
www.g6music.net
I love the iPhone, I love the Evo. Personally, having come from a Pre, with an iTouch for music, to the Moment, then hero, nothing could be android right now, especially the Evo. The only reason I would consider getting an iPhone would be for the ipod function, as I love using iTunes, and it integrates well with my mac (I use doubletwist, but it's laggy sometimes).

I am getting a 16gb card, though, and continue using doubletwist and find an EQ app though, as I am sick of carrying multiple devices around. One unit to rule them all, and for me and my family, it's the Evo. :)

Stabs

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sorry guys, the Bezel Phone's screen is amazing but it's way too small.

After you go 4.3" you don't go back. I think this is the new precedent in smart phones and will be the next new standard in screen sizes.

Also the iPhone OS is looking VERY dated, not Blackberry dated but it's getting there.

bubbatex

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site

Agree - camera will be nicer than the EVO's - the existing one already is. Hopefully there will be more software improvements in this area in the future.

BTW - recording video in 480p mode looks better than the HD mode.

qst4

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree with halforc. It took about a day for my to decide to get the EVO because I wasn't liking the size, but when I finally bought it the web experience was far better than what I had experienced on my touch and N1. On the two devices I bookmarked the mobile versions of my favorite sites, with the EVO and the larger screen this was not necessary and even felt odd to use mobile sites in some cases. And then when I saw flash run for the first time I was hooked.

Stabs

May 17, 2010
Visit site
BTW - recording video in 480p mode looks better than the HD mode.

I agree, I'm wondering if the 720p compression being so drastic is due to device performance or SD Class. Maybe when FROYO is released for the phone they can cut down on the 720p compression?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci