bug: 4 lower buttons don't glow if charged and on charger

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
If the phone is plugged into a charger and fully charged (green light) -- then when the phone is clicked on, the lower 4 buttons remain off.

If it's charging (orange status) then the 4 buttons light up.

Anyone else see this?

My ambient light sensor is disabled.

Last edited:

Rudementry

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Check your ambient light sensor. Make sure nothing is covering it up. (its to the right of the htc logo, right below the beginning of the speaker grill.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that too last night when I was charging my evo. Then I unplugged the charger and the lights worked again. Maybe it happens when the phon is fully charged.

Sent from my Sprint HTC Evo

anon(21601)

May 12, 2010
Visit site
My Evo does this as well. When I wake up in the morning, and the phone is fully charged, the four buttons do not light up. Minor issue, if it is one at all.

EVO Navian

May 31, 2010
Visit site
When mine is charging or not, the 4 button lights go on and off depending on the lighting of the room/area I'm in. It didn't matter if it was orange/green light charging indicator.

clafountaine

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
yep, same problem here. Suck when lying in bed and you wanna check your phone and you can't see the buttons :p Good thing I'm getting good at remembering where and what they are!

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it's a "feature" ... when the phone is fully charged and used as an alarm display -- the button lights will be off (well with Alarm Clock Plus V2 anyways.)

Lemons, make lemonade!

sagamore

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Solution: Unplug the charger from the phone and then plug it right back in while the phone remains on. Then the lights will stay on even with the charge light glowing green.

The lights go off when you power off the phone, and unlike the screen they do not come back on when you power on the phone if the charger is plugged in. Unplugging for a second gets around that.

Last edited:

shaolinfinest

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
it is not a bug guys, I carry the EVO and the Incredible and both of the devices do the same when charging. It is what HTC phones do when they are being charged.

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
@shaolin - No, the button lights work while being charged. It's when the charge is complete, but it's still on the charger. It's just odd.

@sagamore - yup that's exactly what I've been doing.

gojeda

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
it is not a bug guys, I carry the EVO and the Incredible and both of the devices do the same when charging. It is what HTC phones do when they are being charged.

If it isn't a bug, then I fail to come up with a good reason why HTC would do this by design. It is not a major inconvenience, but it is still an inconvenience nevertheless.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
While we are here do you guys notice when the phone is off do your buttons glow very dim when in total darkness? I am just wondering if that is normal.

gojeda

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
While we are here do you guys notice when the phone is off do your buttons glow very dim when in total darkness? I am just wondering if that is normal.

Hmm - well you have to define "very dim". From what I've seen, the 4 bottom soft buttons are either on or off. I have not discerned any varying degrees of illumination.

When its on, it isn't particularly bright at all. Certainly not bright enough to cause any sort of distraction.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hmm - well you have to define "very dim". From what I've seen, the 4 bottom soft buttons are either on or off. I have not discerned any varying degrees of illumination.

When its on, it isn't particularly bright at all. Certainly not bright enough to cause any sort of distraction.

Maybe mine just stays dimly lit when it is set to off. I don' t think my light ever goes completely off.

xorbe

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
You might want to start a different thread for that issue. Mine are definitely on or off. The button icons are stenciled in white ... maybe you thought that was slightly lit but they're white by design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC