Great phone but poor quality display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dexter505

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
there might be a revision that can display more colors then I might get the phone. Like I said even the hero was 18bit 262k colors.htc took the cheapest route with the EVO. 16bit cannot produce vibrant colors and just looks washed out. The specs are online and if you feel it looks great then fine. I take photographs so was able to spot this immediately. Someone that does not pay attention to detail might not. Notice or care.
Battle Royale: Five smartphone screens face off | Dialed In - CNET Blogs

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely love my EVO but put it side by side with an incredible or a moment and the colors will seem washed out in comparison, but is not noticeable unless side by side so to me I'm not worried about it.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Well I guess I am in denial as well. I have had the Pre since launch day and to my eye the EVO screen is much nicer in comparison.

So save your upgrade and stop whining on a forum about the EVO.

If you're going to troll at least bait with a device people might give a **** about like the iphone. The pre was a total joke.

Please PM where you're getting your weed. I need some of that. You are in another world!

The EVO's screen is superior to the Palm Pre's (I still own one) in every way imaginable. FACT!

I would like all 3 of you to follow the forum rules. The OP is not trolling, whining, or smoking weed, just because he's stating his opinion about how the 2 screens look side by side. Trolling is one thing, flaming is another. Please knock it off or move along.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
OK, we get it Diemos. You don't like the screen, and you aren't going to buy an Evo. We're happy for you. You've made your point, now go away. Anyone who cares already knows how you feel. Repeating it over and over won't change the screen, nor how anyone feels about it.

BTW, the 64K color issue was well documented. It's a limitation of Android 2.1, not the EVO, and not HTC's fault. Most of us already knew about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03