1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default trading in phone - how do I wipe the memory card?

So my 2 year availability is now ready (as I am sure it is for everyone out there who got the phones when they came out in June 2 years ago). So we are trading in/up. We need to wipe the phones and I think I know how to do the factory reset. The question is on the memory card. Do I totally remove everything from that or are their pieces that the phone itself needs that I have to leave on it?

Default Re: trading in phone - how do I wipe the memory card?

You don't have to leave the micro sd card in the phone. If you want to leave the card in the phone, go to settings/sd & phone storage, unmount the card, and tap format sd card. Reformatting the card will erase all data on it.

And no, the phone won't need personal data on the card to function....
    Flashoholic!!

ROM
    Bad Boyz Rom

keep the phones, no need to trade them in unless they are going to give you something for them
    and if were you i would another month you will have a much better choice, you can get a phone with a LTE radio and be ready for it when it happens

Quote Originally Posted by jnadelman View Post
    So my 2 year availability is now ready (as I am sure it is for everyone out there who got the phones when they came out in June 2 years ago). So we are trading in/up. We need to wipe the phones and I think I know how to do the factory reset. The question is on the memory card. Do I totally remove everything from that or are their pieces that the phone itself needs that I have to leave on it?

ROM
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

If you do plan on actually trading in the device, just keep the SD card. Sprint has told me that they destroy them anyway just to make sure customer info isn't left on them.

Sent from the greatest HTC EVO 4G ever made!!!
    If by some chance I helped you out, please be so kind as to hit that thanks button. You'd be a lot cooler if you did.

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 4.2.1; CM7.2(nook)

Just curious, what are you trading up to? I agree, keep the card for home use...camera use, archive disk, portable storage drive, etc. If it's a bigger one (32gb) you could get a few bucks for it on Craigslist too.