Disappointments abound with the EVO.

CBConsultation

Jun 7, 2010
www.cbconsultation.com
Why would anyone buy this phone? Extra for the privilege of owning it
Extra charge for Video chat. C"mon will anyone really use this?

People you have to power to send a message to Sprint and what you are telling them is that you will buy anything at any price. You people that bought into this hype have given up your right to bitch about any problems this phone has.

It was a misconception about being charged for video chat. There is no charge for Qik video chat standard. There is for premium. The only difference is resolution. The free service is 640x480 which should be perfectly fine for normal use.

As far as being charged to own the phone. You are entitled to your opinions, but that doesn't mean they are correct. I didn't [pay] for any privilege.

I have my Blackberry 9700 on T-mo's network and pay the same for each phone on 2 different networks.

deceptacon

May 13, 2010
Visit site
There are so many people complaining about little stuff like light leakage and the $10 surcharge. Because you're letting a little thing like that take away from your overall enjoyment of the phone. For this phone, the video quality is superb. Fm tuner works great if you're in an open area but come on you should have your own music downloaded to your sd card all ready. Btw, video chat is free.

For all of those complaining about the $10 surcharge, to set up 4G towers and have the people to do it cost money. With Verizon charging Android users $10 a month for Vcast, no one complains about that. You had a choice not to get the phone if you didn't like the surcharge BUT you got it anyway. Stop crying about it and deal with it!! Better yet, go get an Iphone and complain about how much MORE you're being charged and dropped calls.

Last edited by a moderator:

BBossman1

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
The standard complaint's issued on every forum for every smart phone ever released... Yada, yada, yada... RETURN THE PHONE IF YOU"RE NOT HAPPY!

ilivetowin

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree that these complaints are SILLY.

I switched from ATT and have used a Blackberry Bold 9000 for the past year as my work phone and an Iphone 3GS as my personal line and my only complaint about the EVO so far has been I cannot adjust to typing on it! Although using Swype has calmed most of the issues I had at first, but again that complaint will subside since it takes time to adjust to the keyboard.

As far as battery life goes, what did you expect with such an awesome huge screen? I had a spare battery for my 3GS, I expected the battery to go quickly and didnt mind having the spare battery cured all my issues...I will be buying spare EVO batt soon....My Berry always had good Batt life but then again I never wanted to surf the web with it, only when I had to, the EVO I find any excuse to browse the web that pops in my head.

dcgrand

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Since when can you swap the battery on an iPhone????

I have to agree that these complaints are SILLY.

I switched from ATT and have used a Blackberry Bold 9000 for the past year as my work phone and an Iphone 3GS as my personal line and my only complaint about the EVO so far has been I cannot adjust to typing on it! Although using Swype has calmed most of the issues I had at first, but again that complaint will subside since it takes time to adjust to the keyboard.

As far as battery life goes, what did you expect with such an awesome huge screen? I had a spare battery for my 3GS, I expected the battery to go quickly and didnt mind having the spare battery cured all my issues...I will be buying spare EVO batt soon....My Berry always had good Batt life but then again I never wanted to surf the web with it, only when I had to, the EVO I find any excuse to browse the web that pops in my head.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It was a misconception about being charged for video chat. There is no charge for Qik video chat standard. There is for premium. The only difference is resolution. The free service is 640x480 which should be perfectly fine for normal use.

LOL, it used to be not too long ago that was the best you could do for resolution on a PC too!!!

GenericMusings

May 24, 2010
Visit site

Battery packs are available. You dock the phone on the battery pack. Looks a bit like an oversized case.

310C2gHKN-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

fupayme

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have to agree with most of the peopl on here. The HTC Evo 4g from Sprint is an awesome phone. The only draw back that I can see is that I don't get enough sleep anymore! All the features and the speed is priceless. The kicker for me personaly that I just wanted more than anything is the size of the screen. I mean if your going to make a "touch" Phone than make it bigger and lovely. I think that HTC really out did themselves in this department.

Also as a shout out to the Sprint employees and the Best Buy employees. The really great experience and customer service has been wonderful. I bought 2 of them at Best Buy. And some great cases at Sprint Stores. Also talked to a couple of Sprint Reps over the phone and through the "live chat" feature on the Sprint website to confirm some of the hype and features of the phone and its data plan. Time and care was taken by everyone envolved.
I want to thank them for a easy and enjoyable experience...Not to mention the best phone that I have ever owned!

Ahchoo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
My biggest problem (which I believe is an Android problem) is with the web browser... Web pages (including Android Central) looks like trash when trying to do a double tap to zoom... It looks like the Android Browser doesnt support column formatting like on the Palm Pre or the iPhone.

I absolutely hate it... Anyone know if any other browser has Column formatting? or is Google planning on adding it? It could have been the Evo I was demo'ing in store (I tried resetting the options), but right now the Android Browser looks like a joke compared to the others. It may sound trivial to some, but it could easily keep me from purchasing the phone.

ilivetowin

May 17, 2010
Visit site

someone posted later, but it is an addition to the phone that plugs in via the bottom of the phone and you must keep it in to charge it, it increased the size of the phone by maybe an inch or two and made it hard to use, but it increased my battery life as it was supposed to.

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
My biggest problem (which I believe is an Android problem) is with the web browser... Web pages (including Android Central) looks like trash when trying to do a double tap to zoom... It looks like the Android Browser doesnt support column formatting like on the Palm Pre or the iPhone.

I absolutely hate it... Anyone know if any other browser has Column formatting? or is Google planning on adding it? It could have been the Evo I was demo'ing in store (I tried resetting the options), but right now the Android Browser looks like a joke compared to the others. It may sound trivial to some, but it could easily keep me from purchasing the phone.

Not sure what you are talking about here. If I double tap in the browser it zooms in and reformats the page to fit so I don't have to do that crazy side to side scrolling like I had to on my Pre.

candi6635

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Why would anyone buy this phone? Extra for the privilege of owning it
Extra charge for Video chat. C"mon will anyone really use this?

People you have to power to send a message to Sprint and what you are telling them is that you will buy anything at any price. You people that bought into this hype have given up your right to bitch about any problems this phone has.

Correct me if im wrong but the only thing that is extra is the 10 dollar charge for 4g right? Which this does in fact suck because we dont even have 4g in my area yet but fine by me because with it my bill is still cheaper than with att and i dont drop calls and can still use my phone in my own living room with out wifi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae