Sms/MMS issues?

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having with text messages and or picture messages not coming thru to their EVO? I have had several people claim they sent me pics and text messages and I never got them. Whats the deal?

Khidr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I just tested by having a friend send a text and using the text sender on sprintusers, have not received any texts from any source. I'm hoping this is temporary.

hucworld

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
ok so late last night I was messing with some of the settings on ChompSMS and I found out the default "network" is set to T-Mobile. Once I changed it to CDMA my messages started coming thru with no problem.

Khidr

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
james - I don't think that's doing what you think it's doing, although I'm happy your text problems have gone away. T-mobile allows for longer text messages than the standard character limit, and additional formatting options, think of t-mobile as text + sprint/cdma splits long messages into more than one message, which the default app will do if you type too much, if you don't select the sprint option in chomp, it will just cut off your message.

That said, chomp is pretty cool - thanks for pointing it out.