Touchdown for Outlook LED Notification problem

kcSteve

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Installed Touchdown and works well. However, I can not get it to give me LED notification of new message. I don't want the sound, so turned that off and it seems I was getting LED notification before that. I've tried a number of different configurations, but no go!

Appreciate any suggestions. thanks

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Installed Touchdown and works well. However, I can not get it to give me LED notification of new message. I don't want the sound, so turned that off and it seems I was getting LED notification before that. I've tried a number of different configurations, but no go!

Appreciate any suggestions. thanks

why did you install touchdown on an EVO? I get it why people (myself included) did it on 1.5 devices but 2.1 with sense handles OMA / EAS natively?

Just being curious.

kcSteve

May 7, 2010
Visit site
perhaps I didn't see it, but wanted my tasks, appointments, email overviews on the same page and ability to easily select what I wanted. This appeared to provide more options... or did I miss something.
also figured out the LED problem after reading the info more carefully.. does not work on the trial version !! oops..

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
perhaps I didn't see it, but wanted my tasks, appointments, email overviews on the same page and ability to easily select what I wanted. This appeared to provide more options... or did I miss something.
also figured out the LED problem after reading the info more carefully.. does not work on the trial version !! oops..

How bad do you really want tasks? The reason I'm asking is because your other request (emails and calendar on same page) can easily be achieved by the use of widgets. Unfortunately without touchdown or the missing sync you cant sync tasks.

jgosline

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Some corporate policies make you have a password (not pattern) to sync using EAS. In ordr to get our work email, we have to use Touchdown which has the password lock. While it is coming with Froyo, I do not believe there is a way to do it on stock 2.1 that is on the EVO 4g. If I'm wrong, let me know as I would love to use the native email client.

reissc1

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Some corporate policies make you have a password (not pattern) to sync using EAS. In ordr to get our work email, we have to use Touchdown which has the password lock. While it is coming with Froyo, I do not believe there is a way to do it on stock 2.1 that is on the EVO 4g. If I'm wrong, let me know as I would love to use the native email client.

I have the same problem. I have to use touchdown as well. I would love to know a way around this!

d2globalinc

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I also am using Touchdown with an HTC Evo.. The reason - tasks, and the fact that there are way more customization options and filters available with touchdown.. Also it enables HTML email when using activesync with Activesync 2003 protocol like Zimbra Collaboration Suite uses. Touchdown just works a LOT better.. Minus this LED notification issue im having with the evo ;) - But im sure it will be fixed if I'm not missing something I need to set..

- D2G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol