1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default where should i buy it?

so i finally convinced sprint to move up my upgrade date for me. now the problem is finding the evo in stock. i tried calling calling all the local stores and nobody has it in stock. is there any place online that may have it? i already checked bestbuys website.

Global Posts
    33 Global Posts

I was in the same boat as you and I went to the shack. They are still doing pre ordering (or at least a waiting list). Best Buy is doing first come first serve that doesn't work for my schedule, because I have a job. the Shack said I should have it buy Friday, hell what a few more days.

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

cheapest one i have found thus far.

"In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675

Global Posts
    4,495 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

I was gonna try this weekend to get one. I'll check out the Radio SHack near me.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

Global Posts
    373 Global Posts

I would not buy online.....goto B&M make sure you walk out with device......

ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

i have had good experience buying online. especially from new egg. then take it to your local sprint store to activate it. Or do it yourself.

"In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"

I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675

Buy it online... the self activation is a snap as long as you are not doing anything fancy like swapping phones between lines (then it is a NIGHTMARE to try to do yourself.)

(NEW RELEASE) Charades for your phone...

An app that's better than Catchphrase or Taboo: PhoneFraze!

Party with friends or family using these social games for 4 - 20+ people!

Global Posts
    4,495 Global Posts
    ROM
    Anthem_003

Just saw a tweet saying the EVO was sold out on the Sprint site too.
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."
    Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa

Yup. Sprint.com says "Check back later. More are on the way."

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

HSN.com has it in stock and shipping. Just ordered my second one.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

the guy at sprint told me they may get some today, but they must not be. hopefully tomorrow though. ill look at some of these sites you guys suggested for now.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

how long do you think the hsn one will take to show up? do you guys think i should keep trying locally or just buy it online?

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

They told me I would have it by the end of the week. By the way they only do new lines and not upgrades.

check your local walmart, thats how I got mine when I thought all hope was lost.

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts

I ordered one frommy rep, but he couldnt get oneto me on Friday, so I went to a store, got mine, and then on Monday, I had one sitting on my desk....now I have to send it back....

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    ROM
    boring ol' stock

I preferred to buy from Best Buy, due to good experience with returns in the past, but at my local Best Buys, they aren't even keeping a waitlist anymore--Not even if you offer to put down a deposit! Last night, the phone wasn't available on Sprint site, but I noticed today that it was available and placed my order. They claim I should have my phone in 2-5 days, we'll see. When I get it, my beloved Palm Pre will go into honorable retirement--Quite a sad moment since I've been carrying a Palm product since 1998 (I think that's right--I bought the Palm V the first day it was released).