Poll: You think the battery sucks? What phone are you coming from?

What are you coming from?

• Total voters

frank828#AC

May 27, 2010
Visit site
this poll sucks. sorry.

EDIT: This poll is stupid. i should have made options for people to choose if they thought the battery is ok or if it sucks.

can someone delete this thread?

---------

Hey guys so with all these battery complaints, im curious to hear where you guys are coming from.

I've been using a palm pre and other palm phones that didnt have great battery life to begin with and i feel the EVO follows that trend. I'm used to it though so i dont have much to complain about.

I'm having a slight feeling that most of the people that have a problem with the battery are probably coming from blackberries.

So please vote, it'd be interesting to find out if i'm anywhere near right.

Last edited:

EVO1Android

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I am coming from a blackberry storm which would last me about 2 days. I wouldn't mind charing the EVO every night, but 4 hours on a full charge is outrageous. I am trying to find ways to improve battery life.

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Coming from a Droid which I could get a full day on. I'm getting about 7 to 10hrs with the EVO. Wish I could get a full 12 to 14 hour day with it.

frank828#AC

May 27, 2010
Visit site
this poll sucks. i should have put options for people to vote if they think the battery is ok, or if it sucks. argh.

i wish i could delete this and start a new one. argh.

oddlou

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a Pre. My battery life is better on the EVO, though it's still not superduperfabulous, but well within my range of expectations, considering all that I do with it.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the battery life isn't terrible if you're just making a couple calls and doing normal texting. Was off the charger yesterday for around 10 hours yesterday with a few calls and maybe 20 minutes of browsing on 3G and probably 50 texts and the battery was still at 60%. If I had done that with my Pre, it would have been down in the 20%-30% range depending on the cell coverage.

Don't get me wrong, turn on 4G and watch YouTube and surf the net all day that battery gets crushed. But at least it's nice that you can still use the phone as a phone and easily get full day and more out of it.

C01E

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a Palm Pre, The battery on the evo is at most times, Better, And under heavy use, No different then the pre... Considering the hardware differences between them, Thats damn good in my book :)

Now to pick up that extended life seidio battery for just alittle extra juce to last in the heavy use situations!

frank828#AC

May 27, 2010
Visit site
ok so far, even if my poll is terrible, from the comments, it seems like most of the webos/palm pre users think the battery is fine.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
ok so far, even if my poll is terrible, from the comments, it seems like most of the webos/palm pre users think the battery is fine.

Not quite. It's acceptable as a phone sitting in standby most of the time, but as a powerhouse media device, it's not very good.