Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't access Outlook Web Access via browser

Okay, I ran some searches but couldn't find my precise (newly-discovered) issue addressed by anyone else. The issue involves my inability to access my employer's Outlook Web Access website via the browser on my EVO. This is a first for me as I used this method to check work email via the net on other devices for years, most recently my Pre and a Windows Mobile phone in the past.

Here is the run down:

I enter my company's OWA web address (i.e., http://owa.companydomain.com/exchange) and I am immediately greeted by the following single line message - ""http/1.1 403 forbidden"

On my Pre and WinMo phones, I get two fields - username and password. Is there something funky with the Android browser that is telling my company's OWA server to forbid me access? I have tried the HTC browser and Dolphin, but neither will get me access. Any ideas??

download dolphin HD browser.

Open browser > hit menu button > more > Settings > User Agent > Select Desktop.

Hopefully like that then you're able to see it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Raf View Post
    download dolphin HD browser.

Open browser > hit menu button > more > Settings > User Agent > Select Desktop.

Hopefully like that then you're able to see it.
    Tried Dolphin HD and the Xscope browser (both set to identify the device as a desktop computer). Still getting same "forbidden" message.
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

forbidden is being returned by the web server, it shouldn't really matter what client you have at that point. Are you 100% positive that the URL is correct?