Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "EVO should be your last Android" LOL

It's all a matter of personal taste, but I personally like Sense. I prefer the look of it to stock.

It was a good article IMO. I also this its great that Google has done such a great job getting the Android OS to such a great place with Froyo. That will make the Incredible and EVO freakin' unbelievable!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

i like the whole android os

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

I'm also a fan of Sense, but I agree with the article that there are some pretty terrible Android skins out there. HTC got theirs right. My daughter's Hero is not as powerful as my Evo, yet it's still pretty snappy, easy to use, and she loves it. She has friends in college who are dumping their iPhones based on what they saw on her Hero (imagine their surprise when they get to see an Evo!).

I think stock is ugly and I wouldn't have bought the Evo if it had been stock, but I can understand the need to unify the OS and experience..........gee, now we're sounding like Apple!

I would like my EVO to be as stock as N1 froyo 2.2

Good thing if you know what you are doing you can run stock android on the Evo.

Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Good thing if you know what you are doing you can run stock android on the Evo.
    You can run the version of stock Android that is included with the phone. But that will not get you the next stock update in a timely manner.

Global Posts
    1,430 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Wait until the guy who designed the webOS UI gets to slather his design frosting on Gingerbread.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)