Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default looking for swype

Looking for swype for the evo on the market but I get no results any help with this?

Swype is currently in beta. They recently had to close the beta due to the demand, but they may open it in the future.

Visit Swype | Text Input for Screens to sign up.

-GAGuy

probably because its not on the market

I just installed it and it works great.

Get Swype on Your HTC EVO 4G
    Thanked by:

Getting it from anywhere other than the official Swype beta program is illegal, by the way. It's the same as pirating any other software.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    ROM
    Frozen 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by csierra72 View Post

did you have to root your phone in order to get that done?

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Law View Post
    Getting it from anywhere other than the official Swype beta program is illegal, by the way. It's the same as pirating any other software.
    Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by schnergun View Post
    did you have to root your phone in order to get that done?
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by csierra72 View Post

Any noticeable changes from the previous version?

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    ROM
    Frozen 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Big ER View Post

just added it to my evo and works great! first time swype user!

Quote Originally Posted by schnergun View Post
    just added it to my evo and works great! first time swype user!
    NICE! I am currently using the previous version, pretty good keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Big ER View Post
    Below is a list of changes found in version 1.56.30.7625.t100 of Swype beta. Some are going to be more noticeable than others. Take for instance the automatic apostrophe insertion for words like won't, don't, and wasn't.

* Added better context sensitivity for the “magic button” (go/search/enter/smiley)
    * Added automatic apostrophe insertion for contractions (e.g. won't, don't, wasn't, etc)
    * Added the Italian language dictionary
    * Improved sensing of field type to prevent the display and addition of passwords to the UDB (user dictionary)
    * Improved suppression of auto-spacing in fields such as URLs and email addresses
    * Updated the built-in dictionary to include several common words that were previously missing
    * Rewrote some settings descriptions to be more clear on their functionality
    * Fixed licensing issue causing “Limited Functionality” errors when rebooting devices running Android 2.0 and later
    * Fixed licensing issue causing some users to receive an “Incorrect ID” error when installing Swype
    * Fixed a bug where manually typing some words with word-prediction enabled would cause Swype to crash
    * Fixed a bug which caused some words added to the UDB to erroneously override other words when word-prediction is enabled
    * Many other minor bug fixes!

Global Posts
    1,225 Global Posts

new beta:

Swype for the EVO? Now with an *****-PROOF GUIDE! - Page 12 - xda-developers

I'm about to install and see if it's working.

Default Re: looking for swype

I really wish they would put a speech to txt button in this

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by apexi350z View Post
    Below is a list of changes found in version 1.56.30.7625.t100 of Swype beta. Some are going to be more noticeable than others. Take for instance the automatic apostrophe insertion for words like won't, don't, and wasn't.

* Added better context sensitivity for the magic button (go/search/enter/smiley)
    * Added automatic apostrophe insertion for contractions (e.g. won't, don't, wasn't, etc)
    * Added the Italian language dictionary
    * Improved sensing of field type to prevent the display and addition of passwords to the UDB (user dictionary)
    * Improved suppression of auto-spacing in fields such as URLs and email addresses
    * Updated the built-in dictionary to include several common words that were previously missing
    * Rewrote some settings descriptions to be more clear on their functionality
    * Fixed licensing issue causing Limited Functionality errors when rebooting devices running Android 2.0 and later
    * Fixed licensing issue causing some users to receive an Incorrect ID error when installing Swype
    * Fixed a bug where manually typing some words with word-prediction enabled would cause Swype to crash
    * Fixed a bug which caused some words added to the UDB to erroneously override other words when word-prediction is enabled
    * Many other minor bug fixes!
    Thanks, got it working on EVO
    Banned

Global Posts
    863 Global Posts

I tried swype on my evo and thought it slowed the device. So I uninstalled it.

Wink Not really illegal...

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Law View Post

Actually, Swype legal has told people on a number of boards (I heard this directly from my friend who is a Google employee) that they don't really care if people install the beta outside of their program. Just don't expect support if you are outside the beta. Look at it this way, the small fraction of us geeks who will go out of our way to install the Swype beta serves to increase buzz and mindshare.

I followed the directions above to install it and it was simple. I love it so far.