Something is eating my storage... Daily

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This is nuts, i am losing 4mb a day on storage. Up until 4 days ago I was consistently sitting around 50mb free. Now I am at 34mb free. The only thing I've done is a couple of application updates (gps test, adobe flash, and can't remember the others). The space didn't disappear immediately either, it is just slowly withering away.

The other strange this is that I use the "Disk Usage" utility and i don't see any application that is suddenly taking an extra 16mb of storage.

How do I find out what apps I've update in the last couple of days? Is that stored somewhere on the phone?

Anyone else magically have space disappear from their storage lately?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Mastertech

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
This is nuts, i am losing 4mb a day on storage. Up until 4 days ago I was consistently sitting around 50mb free. Now I am at 34mb free. The only thing I've done is a couple of application updates (gps test, adobe flash, and can't remember the others). The space didn't disappear immediately either, it is just slowly withering away.

The other strange this is that I use the "Disk Usage" utility and i don't see any application that is suddenly taking an extra 16mb of storage.

How do I find out what apps I've update in the last couple of days? Is that stored somewhere on the phone?

Anyone else magically have space disappear from their storage lately?

Any help would be appreciated!!

I find this thread very interesting as I have had the very same issue since updating flash and a couple of other apps that can't be moved to the SD card.

Last edited:

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Not sure that other thread applies, i did that update a long time ago.

I think I'm going to try uninstalling Flash and see what happens.

I only need this evo to hold out for the EVO4GLTE. It probably knows it and is pissed :p.

Treadhead

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Not sure that other thread applies, i did that update a long time ago.

I think I'm going to try uninstalling Flash and see what happens.

I only need this evo to hold out for the EVO4GLTE. It probably knows it and is pissed :p.

Okay, wasn't sure if yours just recently started or not so I put it up just in case. Good luck and let us know if it you figure it out.

I'm trying to keep my Evo4g from finding out about my future EVO4gLTE mistress! :p

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Okay, wasn't sure if yours just recently started or not so I put it up just in case. Good luck and let us know if it you figure it out.

I'm trying to keep my Evo4g from finding out about my future EVO4gLTE mistress! :p

Well, I uninstalled the Flash update and my mystery storage loss stopped. Going to wait another day to confirm it still isn't there and then re-update Flash and see if it returns.

Reactions: Treadhead

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, I uninstalled the Flash update and my mystery storage loss stopped. Going to wait another day to confirm it still isn't there and then re-update Flash and see if it returns.

Gotta be a bug in this flash update. Two days ago, my storage started disappearing again. This morning I uninstalled the Flash update and the storage loss disappeared again.

Guess I live without flash (not like I use it a lot anyway) until I can get my EVO4GLTE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12