EVO didn't sell quite as much as was originally thought on launch day

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
"We originally reported that the total number of HTC EVO 4G devices sold on launch day was three times the number of Samsung Instinct and Palm Pre devices sold over their first three days on the market combined. We inadvertently erred in the comparison. The total number of HTC EVO 4G devices sold on launch day was in line with the number of Samsung Instinct and Palm Pre devices sold over their first three days on the market combined."

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
And that's just launch day. Most places in Wisconsin were sold out by 9 am. There first month sale are going to be pretty good I'm thinking.

mandarb916

May 19, 2010
Visit site
And that's just launch day. Most places in Wisconsin were sold out by 9 am. There first month sale are going to be pretty good I'm thinking.

Seems like sales were, more or less, supply constrained which is a double edged sword I suppose. Free additional press for being sold out, but unhappy consumers that can't get their hands on them. BUT, not being able to get one's hands on something is in many cases, enough to push a lot of consumers over the edge to get their hands on one when it becomes available :)

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
None of that matters. What DOES matter is this: what percentage of EVOs available for sale on June 4th went unsold at the end of the day?

Anyone have that answer?

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
"The total number of HTC EVO 4G devices sold on launch day was in line with the number of Samsung Instinct and Palm Pre devices sold over their first three days on the market combined."

So a single phone in one day sells as many as TWO phones sell in THREE days combined (i.e. like one phone over six days) and that's a disappointment how exactly?!?

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. Sales were so high that they sold their inventory so quickly, and people that want them couldn't even get one now. I don't think this is bad news at all.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
What's annoying is Sprint never actually gives hard sales numbers.

There aren't any for the EVO, there weren't any for the Pre, and there weren't any for the Instinct. For all we know the instinct sold 1, the Pre sold 3, and the EVO sold 6.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
"The total number of HTC EVO 4G devices sold on launch day was in line with the number of Samsung Instinct and Palm Pre devices sold over their first three days on the market combined."

So a single phone in one day sells as many as TWO phones sell in THREE days combined (i.e. like one phone over six days) and that's a disappointment how exactly?!?

^this.

charliegrs

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
What's annoying is Sprint never actually gives hard sales numbers.

There aren't any for the EVO, there weren't any for the Pre, and there weren't any for the Instinct. For all we know the instinct sold 1, the Pre sold 3, and the EVO sold 6.

I agree this annoys me too. However, I think the reason they do it is because they know even with the rising popularity of Android and the new star phone the EVO that if they gave hard numbers, it would still look paltry compared to the upcoming Iphone release. I think when an Android phone {or phones} comes out that really is on par with the Iphone in terms of consumer awareness and sales {and I dont think its too far in the future}, then Sprint will start giving us real sales numbers because they will look more or less equal or better to the Iphones. Just my 2 cents.

sonso

May 14, 2010
Visit site

lol. I had the same question. Android FTW. Evo FTW.

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I remember the CFO of Sprint saying that they would not have an inventory problem like they did with Pre this time around. I guess the demand was even more than what they expected.

I have read on numerous occasions that HTC was really pushing on the manufacturing in order to get as many out as possible. Basically, cranking them out.

Still, Sprint sees a shortage on the device. This is good news for the company. They need to beef up on customers already. They deserve it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae