Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Qik problem as of 6.7.2010

So I was trying to use qik app for video calling with a friend. Problem was occurring. At first he wasn't able to hear me. After another call or two I wasn't able to hear him. Another problem that I think I awash having is that I don't have that little press to talk button. Although it was working for the both of us earlier on today. Is none having any issues?

Also if you'd like to test it out you can ping me via qik. My user name is theopusfuller.

Thanks all.

Sent from my HTC on the Now Network from Sprint!

Forward

Whoever initiates the call doesn't have to press to talk, only the person you are calling.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ok. Well either or. I'm still having major audio issues with qik. I hear the other person and they can't hear me. Not sure what the deal is.... Anyone else having this issue!?

ROM
    Tiamat_Evo-v4 1.0+

Yeah, I've been reading about Qik issues for the last day, I haven't used it yet (I d/l it though) but Ill stick with Fringe, using it for the last 4 days, works like a charm.

I have used Fring a couple of times, works good, no issues. I can't get Qik to do anything but record and upload video to Qik's site. There are no options or settings of any kind to make any sort of video calls built into the Qik App that was installed on my phone. Cannot do anything live with it at all.
    My buddy's is the same way.

The problem is supposedly due to Qik's servers being overloaded and nothing to do with Sprint or the Evos.

I need help I downloaded the new Qik for evo app. Now when I click on video chat it says my number is not verified. so when I go to verify my number it says a sms was send to my phone but I never actuallly get it. So when I try to make a call it just stays stuck on establishing connection. Any help will be helpful

Can fring do a live webcam like Qik? and how would I do that?

fring can be found in the Market. The quality isn't that great though, in my tests.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Everyone tells me I am muffled on my DROID