Evo 4G camera problem, blank or black screen at the start

daxlw

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
When I start the app the camera symbol starts up but then goes to a blank or black screen. The only way out is to hit the home button. Who knows the fix. My phone is updated and has the pre-loaded apps only. Hard restarts and flashing does not seem to work. Any good fixes for this problem? I have hard reset and cleared cache. Anyone have a good fix or know the problem?

daxlw

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how this worked but I took the battery out and pressed hard on the camera lens. It had a small snap. Restart. It works now.

tayl428

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I was going to say that it sounded like your camera module had come out of it's socket. Your press re-seated it, good work!

bluedevils1

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Huh...that worked for me too. You think it's because the vibrating mechanism sits right above the camera lens? That probably vibrates it loose. Going to turn off all vibrating for a while and see if the black screen problem stays gone. :-\

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Huh...that worked for me too. You think it's because the vibrating mechanism sits right above the camera lens? That probably vibrates it loose. Going to turn off all vibrating for a while and see if the black screen problem stays gone. :-\

It's a common issue on the EVO 4G

Sent from my Thrive using Tapatalk 2

tayl428

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

Hmmm, pretty sure that the vibrate motor is down at the bottom. If you take off the back, there's a little rubber rectangular square at the bottom that covers the vibration motor and/or spindle. You will have to remove the 6 screws and separate the entire backplate if you want to see it though.

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Daxlw I think tube517 is right. That seems to be overly common on the Evo. How to fix a smartphones camera when it shows a blank screen has some good advice about how to fix this issue on any common smartphone.

I am glad that you were able to snap the camera back into place though. Hardware issues are not often easy things to fix.

Just make sure to set your phones default storage location to your memory card. That way if your phone does malfunction then your pictures will be safe on your SD card and you won?t lose them. If you don?t have a memory card I suggest you get one. They can be a real time saver and can help protect your phones information.

The HTC EVO 4G can support up to a 32GB card so keep that in mind. If you need some tips on what to look for in a good memory card then Choosing the best Memory Card for an Android Phone can give you some good advice as well.

Anyways I?m getting side tracked. Congrats and enjoy your EVO my friend.

~ Moneypenny~

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital