Evo Owners What Do You Like Most

IamTheCord

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I suppose this could be a poll but I think an open thread will tell a lot more. I am kind of bored with all the negative threads and want to hear the positive things everyone is experiencing.

So my question is what is your favorite feature or features of your new Evo.

My favorite feature is what brought my attention to it in the first place. The screen size is perfect I don?t know I could ever have a phone with a smaller screen than this ever again. Last night I gave my mother my Sprint Hero and I could not figure out how I ever used it (she had the instinct even harder to read) everything seemed so tiny.

This phone has a lot to offer and I am sure I am far from finding all the things I will love but I can't wait to find em all.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
The screen is definitely a winner. At first I had a little trouble with it (almost too big), but my coworker brought over her Incredible yesterday and the screen just looks puny after getting used to the EVO.

This is my first Android phone (and first "advanced" phone), so I'm not sure what else is Awesome about this phone compared to other devices, but I am absolutely LOVING the apps. So far I have live weather (weatherbug), Fring for videocalls and chatting, Flixster for movies and my Netflix queue, Google Skymaps, Layar, bTunes and a bunch of other stuff. Yes, I know other phones can get the same apps, but they're all new to me.

I am very impressed with what I can do with my phone now. I didn't even open my laptop at all last night.

Now if I just had a Netflix app for playing movies back...

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I Love:

* The text wrap no matter the screen size, because now I don't need to view in landscape mode any longer.

* That Google Voice works again. Coming from the Pre, I could no longer get my GVM's, but not with the EVO. Very Sweet.

* How easy it is to move between your last six Apps.

* That Contacts/Calendar Events/Gmail sync thru the cloud just like the Pre.

* Voice-to-text. I am using this feature more and more.

* Voice dialing. I missed this feature on the Pre

* Voice search. Really cool feature. (And had it on my Instinct)

* How fast the phone re-boots. The Pre takes forever.

* Google Goggles/Amazon/ShopSavvy. Too cool to be able to take pictures/hold up barcodes and get feed back.

* Shazaam. I was jealous of my iphone buddy that had this App.

* OurGrocery App. How cool that my wife and I both can make changes to our grocery list and it updates on both of our phones so we are always up-to-date whenever one of us goes to the grocery.

* And the biggest reason I bought this phone, the SCREEN SIZE. I absolutely LOVE how big the display is.

EVO Navian

May 31, 2010
Visit site
For me just about everything so far, but my favorite is the camera. Bulky cameras going out made my purse heavy and at times tiresome to even take with me to shoot. Since I need my phone with me constantly, having the camera built in is handy for sure. This is my first smartphone and never thought it would so handy for so many things. I was never into phone models, as long as it had texting capabilities I was happy :) Now it feels like I carry a super mini laptop... I've actually neglected my laptop/pc ever since I got the EVO. I also love voice to text, but I wish I knew how to make it more accurate maybe I just talk funny? :(

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I Love:

* The text wrap no matter the screen size, because now I don't need to view in landscape mode any longer.

* That Google Voice works again. Coming from the Pre, I could no longer get my GVM's, but not with the EVO. Very Sweet.

* How easy it is to move between your last six Apps.

* That Contacts/Calendar Events/Gmail sync thru the cloud just like the Pre.

* Voice-to-text. I am using this feature more and more.

* Voice dialing. I missed this feature on the Pre

* Voice search. Really cool feature. (And had it on my Instinct)

* How fast the phone re-boots. The Pre takes forever.

* Google Goggles/Amazon/ShopSavvy. Too cool to be able to take pictures/hold up barcodes and get feed back.

* Shazaam. I was jealous of my iphone buddy that had this App.

* OurGrocery App. How cool that my wife and I both can make changes to our grocery list and it updates on both of our phones so we are always up-to-date whenever one of us goes to the grocery.

* And the biggest reason I bought this phone, the SCREEN SIZE. I absolutely LOVE how big the display is.

Thanks for the OurGrocery App! Very cool!

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site
My list would be very long of the things I like! But the best things I like are the screen size (like everyone else), the speech to text (that is absolutely awsome), and the battery. Yes I said the battery :)! My Pre would only get like 8 hours and my Evo is getting 14+ hours.

To Evo Navian perhaps you do speak differently :) my Evo has never missed what I have said. But there is a setting that you can use to adjust the speech rate and/or language that you might can try.

jhamilton3#CB

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
1) The screen/overall design & size of the phone
2) Keyboard because of the size
3) Good Battery Life (even for a heavy user like myself)

EVO Navian

May 31, 2010
Visit site
My list would be very long of the things I like! But the best things I like are the screen size (like everyone else), the speech to text (that is absolutely awsome), and the battery. Yes I said the battery :)! My Pre would only get like 8 hours and my Evo is getting 14+ hours.

To Evo Navian perhaps you do speak differently :) my Evo has never missed what I have said. But there is a setting that you can use to adjust the speech rate and/or language that you might can try.

Oh I didn't notice that setting! Thank you so much :)

OptiPrime

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
1. The screen is huge. Coming from a blackberry curve this screen is so much better & brighter
2. Sense is very easy to use. Love the different scenes & customization
3. BROWSER BROWSER BROWSER - anyone who has owned a blackberry knows that the browser OS really bare bones & not that enjoyable to use.
4. Camera is great. Like almost as good as much 10 MP digitAL one
5. Email- I was concerned that it would not be as quick as push on my blackberry but I love the gmail use right out of the box & haven't experienced any noticeable lag with receiving my Yahoo! emails.

OptiPrime

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
1. The screen is huge. Coming from a blackberry curve this screen is so much better & brighter
2. Sense is very easy to use. Love the different scenes & customization
3. BROWSER BROWSER BROWSER - anyone who has owned a blackberry knows that the browser OS really bare bones & not that enjoyable to use.
4. Camera is great. Like almost as good as much 10 MP digitAL one
5. Email- I was concerned that it would not be as quick as push on my blackberry but I love the gmail use right out of the box & haven't experienced any noticeable lag with receiving my Yahoo! emails.

IamTheCord

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I forgot to mention how much I love the kickstand. I just set it up at my desk at work and navigate it from there or watch a dvd i have uploaded another feature i think gets over looked but i love it

dpg

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
1. the screen
2. the larger size, fits my hand better
3. so much faster than my iphone
4. very similar interface to iphone, easy transition to EVO.
5. voice commands work much better than iphones

Torx

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
im coming from windows mobile, so basically EVERYTHING.
most notably the visual voicemail.. i cant believe ive been missing out on this for so long.
built in mp3 player, and simplicity of dragging dropping mp3s now, bye bye zune!
ive yet to really play with the camera and hd recording...
video chat + kickstand is a winner.
Ive had this since friday and ive YET to fully explore everything.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
1. Screen size
2. All the apps
3. Widgets
4. Voice commands
5. Att sucks, glad im with Sprint (so far)
6. My battery life is great HD2 horrible

kaivorb

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
To move between your LAST SIX APPS just hold down the HOME key <the little house button>. I think it is called a "long press" (roughly 3 seconds or so), and a window will pop up with your most recent six apps in it. Just tap the app you want. Makes moving between a few apps very easy to do.

K--

Oh, and I love the screen size. I couldn't do the on-screen keyboard on my HERO. I tried and it just wasn't working for me. Now I have no issue with key size...just how poorly it picks up my "spacebar tap" (consistent issue for me).

And I've also moved to more of the Voice to Text feature. That thing is great while driving. And I can't believe how accurate it is. Kinda spooky. And I've learned you can put in "punctuation marks" by just saying the punctuation you want at the end of your sentence. Just end each spoken sentence with "PERIOD". Works perfectly for me.