5 x Former Palm Pre users - Love Their EVO's

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
The Pre is a very nice phone, and WebOS is great, but as has been stated, the hardware is lacking. It also is missing basic features like voice dial.

After playing with the EVO all weekend, I will not be looking back. I may have waited to see what the new Palm phone was going to look like, but there is no telling when that will be. Lol.

Besides, I LOVE the huge screen and all the bells and whistles. Couldn't be happier with my EVO.

TheOpusFuller

May 28, 2010
www.Germanity.com
To all the former pre owners out there who are now proud owners of the EVO.... I was just thinking, If I could have WebOS on the EVO with the speed it's capable of, I would turn it down. haha.

WebOS is great and all but it belongs on the Pre.

I totally dig the Android OS. In my opinion, it's flat out awesome! I thought WebOS was great and all but I'm glad to be using this HTC device with android OS.

crinsd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I called sprint last week and they told me since I was a premier customer I can get my new EVO 2 weeks earlier than my August 1st update if I call in the order to customer service. That's my plan to let my Palm Pre go.

Jeff80

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
To all the former pre owners out there who are now proud owners of the EVO.... I was just thinking, If I could have WebOS on the EVO with the speed it's capable of, I would turn it down. haha.

WebOS is great and all but it belongs on the Pre.

I totally dig the Android OS. In my opinion, it's flat out awesome! I thought WebOS was great and all but I'm glad to be using this HTC device with android OS.

WebOS was the reason I stuck w/ the Pre. I really couldn't wait for HP to put something out. I'm not even sure If I trust the company. Since i'm a premier customer, I can upgrade every 12 months. So i'll be watching carefully. In the meantime, Ill be enjoying my first android device.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I like Android features/customization
I like iPhone buttery smoothness

I like everything else WebOS. The thing is... 1GHZ with WebOS would be so awesome.
I don't like HP... they shouldn't have bought Palm.

The Evo is great, but I want WebOS's games... PLEASE give me those games... ugh.

RBorden629

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Just preordered 2 EVO from radio shack will have them in one week. Soon will been 2 former palm pre users. Shame on palm/HP for sittting on there asses while the compeition droid rolls over. Great corperate stragy!!! Those guys should take over BP!

mech1164

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I'll be going this weekend if not sooner to get my EVO and put my Pre into hibernation. As much as I enjoyed using the Pre and WebOS. All the above problems are causing me to flee. Would I have taken an iPhone 4? Yes if it was on Sprint. Before Moving to Pre was on an original iPhone that was JailBroken for Tmo. Saw what Pre was to offer and was sold. I to have been a launch day participant. I played with the Evo on Sat and was like butta. I held off to see if SteveO was going to open up the iPhone. That didn't happen and no way in He77 am I going to pay the Deathstar's ridiculous data plans now.

As much as I hate the 10.00 Evo tax. It's a small price to pay for all that goodness. Had hoped that HPalm would have gotten its heads out of their arses. What has been said this week along with what has not been announced has convinced me to jump and wait to see if they can pull it all together.

Flip

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm also a happy fist, I still love WEBOS but they couldn't keep up with the competition n this EVO is the sh I I t

Mike20PR

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Another convert here... probably #20,853

Loving everything about it, even at 3G it blows anything else i ever had in terms of browser and overall speed.

The thing i miss from webOS is the games... Android pales in comparison and Snapdragon isnt known for its GPU either...