Bug with 3G Icon

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Greetings,

Has anybody ever seen the 3G icon on your EVO switch over to 1X?

I know for a fact that my drive home has some dead spots for 3G yet the icon remains... I haven't once seen the icon switch to 1X since I've had this phone and I was wondering if this was also the case for anybody else.

Is it just me?

Thanks in advance.

- Mitalis

whaddupdoe

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing, I work in a town that doesnt have 3G at all but Ive never seen the Icon switch over.

maddmatt02

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
my icon never leaves, but its sometimes illuminated (white) and other times its greyed out.

and I have never had 3G anywhere around here but 2 spots, sprint store did tell me we should have 3G in a month or two, so maybe thats why I show it more often. speedtests do show very low pings and fast uploads frequently also, but i have yet to have a fast download...

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
my icon never leaves, but its sometimes illuminated (white) and other times its greyed out.

When the 3G icon is illuminated in white, it means 3G is active, inactive when it's grey.

RayStinkle

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
over in teh incredible forum, people on verizon say that when they send a text message, the 3g icon quickly switches to 1x whiel the text sends, then switches right back to 3g. i guess because 3g is only the data portion on cdma networks, and text goes over 1x. but i would think the evo would have the same performance in this regard. strange.

Lowen SoDium

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm that there is a bug with the EVO displaying when it is on 1xRTT. It will show 3G when it is connected to 1x or 3G.

There is no 3G in my town, but my EVO always says 3G. I have confirmed this on 2 other EVOs.

You can confirm this yourself by dialing *#*#4636#*#* and selecting phone info. Network type is still listed as CDMA - 1xRTT

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I can confirm that there is a bug with the EVO displaying when it is on 1xRTT. It will show 3G when it is connected to 1x or 3G.

There is no 3G in my town, but my EVO always says 3G. I have confirmed this on 2 other EVOs.

You can confirm this yourself by dialing *#*#4636#*#* and selecting phone info. Network type is still listed as CDMA - 1xRTT

wow! thanks for that useful post....i am showing a 3g signal when i am in 1xRTT at the moment