Random Restarts

cbruhn42

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
So, my EVO 4G has been randomly restarting for about 6 months now and I'm not sure what to do.

I've been told that it isn't worth sending in because I will just get a refurbished one back from Sprint.

I've been trying to root it, thinking maybe taking the bloatware off will help, but can't get through the process because it is restarting so frequently now. Not sure if this is because the bootloader is unlocked or just coincidence.

Is there anything I can do?

My contract isn't up until September, but my buy out is only $50 right now.

I'm thinking of just saying screw it and going to Verizon and getting a Razr Maxx or Nexus, but the tinkerer in me wants to fix this phone. haha.

Any help is much appreciated.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Define "restart". Powers all the way off? Or just a Sense restart?

If the former have you checked that the battery is firmly seated? If the latter get another launcher, i use Go.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Honestly I'd make the jump to the RAZR. Stay away from the nexus. Alot of people have left the nexus and came to the RAZR. I left the Evo for the RAZR. I absolutely love this phone even tho it's not an HTC but the rezound is lacking compared to my RAZR IMO. Verizon network is so Much better, more coverage in cell, 3g, and even 4g. 3g speeds are fast and 4g speeds are awesome most of the time fast as our high speed internet if not faster.

Now to your actual question lol, you said it had a unlocked bootloader?

Sent from my Eclipsed Droid RAZR via Tapatalk II

cbruhn42

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Just switched to the razr. It is pretty sweet i have to say. Keyboard not my favorite but it works.

My evo was doing a continuous reboot. I guess it was sense. It would go to the htc evo screen and loop from there. Oh well it is gone now.

Now how to customize my razr?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes