Ok so no task killer right?

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Than is there a way to stop apps from launching in the startup process? Like Sprint navigation which I don't use. Or like mp3 store which I don't use.

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Do you have a problem with Speed??? I dont like or use those apps either.. BUT. until there is a custom rom (please let me know if anyone knows of one) that basically just gives me the same functionality as the stock rom... i am not gonna root.

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
PAGE 38 OF THE HTC EVO MANUAL STATES YOU CAN USE A TASK MANAGER!
dont know why everyone is so scared of them

You CAN do anything you like.. its open... doesnt mean its the best thing to do. If people are careful with the auto task killers, they can be helpful.. but seriously, if you are not having an issue with speed or usability of your phone, then why worry about it? ;)

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Why no task killer?

It's recommended NOT to use one unless you know what you're actually killing. Lots of people just download the app, set up one of the presets and they cry that their alarm clocks don't go off.

I've used a task killer since launch with no issues, but I kill apps manually and know exactly what I'm doing and it works well for me. Can I tell a difference between having 100mb of memory and 200+? Yep.

Rhoq

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
If you absolutely need to kill something, it can be done through the applications settings. Otherwise task killers are unnecessary and can produce undesired effects if you don't know what you're doing.

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I've tried the phone with and without a task killer, and knew what I was doing with it and went through the time of setting up my ignore list and auto kill (at one time). I'd say with 2.2 just let the system do the work for you, since there's not much that you're going to gain by doing it yourself.

You'd be better off installing something like Spare Parts and seeing what is using your battery, or what is running in what context and go from there.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It's recommended NOT to use one unless you know what you're actually killing. Lots of people just download the app, set up one of the presets and they cry that their alarm clocks don't go off.

I've used a task killer since launch with no issues, but I kill apps manually and know exactly what I'm doing and it works well for me. Can I tell a difference between having 100mb of memory and 200+? Yep.

I do the same.. I have ATK installed but I run it manually just a couple of times per day. I don't use it all the time but just to clean up a little bit after using the phone a lot...

conski

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Today is my first day not using the task killer.. not gonna use the phone as heavy as i do and it seems to be doing okay.. honestly... i just got really sick of hitting kill tasks all day. Gonna let the phone run itself im getting the 3500 tomorrow anyways so i guess that makes the task killer obsolete anyways?

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I stopped using ATK a while ago. I stopped getting crashes, random reboots, better battery life, and practically no force closes. Ditch the ATK. You don't need it unless you absolutely know what you're doing

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Really we had to bring this thread back? There are enough threads about task killers already that we really shouldn't need to be discussing it anymore.

It's your phone. Do what you want. Just know that the first thing people say if you have a problem is to stop using a task killer.