Calendar Issues -- Major in my opinion

JaxDreamFunding

May 6, 2010
www.jaxdreamfunding.com
I just got my EVO today and I love it...for the most part...

it is lightning fast...but I am having a weird calendar syncing problem...

I have my main calendar and a couple sub calendars in my Google apps account. I also have am sharing my wife and my sons calendar. I have a couple of them selected to show on my calendar on my EVO and they are half there at best. One time that I open the calendar, my calendar shows, but none of the sub calendars...then the next time my calendar is half there, and they I have apart of my wife's and part of my sons....

I deselected all by my calendar and still get bad calendar response...

Is there a way to wipe the calendar on the EVO and have it sync again from scratch and get fresh data?

Or are there any other ideas to resolve the issue...thanks!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
if all else fails do a hard reset and when you set up Gmail next time just include your calendar and no other.

it could be that calendar sync gets laggy/flaky if you add more than 1 calendar.

mine is lightning fast with 1 calendar.

JaxDreamFunding

May 6, 2010
www.jaxdreamfunding.com
Wow...amazing that since I have been on Android that everyone's response most of the time is a Hard Reset....

Not excited about more hard resets and reinstalling everything......again!

I do appreciate the input....even if I do complain

VKitty

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
if all else fails do a hard reset and when you set up Gmail next time just include your calendar and no other.

it could be that calendar sync gets laggy/flaky if you add more than 1 calendar.

mine is lightning fast with 1 calendar.

You can only have 1 calender with Android??

What if you need more than one.. Like this guy obviously needs both his wife and sons calendar so he can keep in sync with there schedule(Very smart)

Braaainz

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Hunh. I'm kinda new to having decent calendars on phones.

My google calendar (on my computer) has a personal calendar, work calendar, holidays, and social event calendars on it.

All have seemed to show up on the phone calendar. They don't distinguish via color tabs like on google calendar, on my phone they all show up rather generically... but the events are there.

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Also, on the Moment that I moved from I was able to set the calendar colors that showed up for my calendars...I can not seem to alter that on the EVO...any help?

I think the calendar colors are locked to the settings you choose for your online calendar. Change them online?

(I see the value of linking the two but it would obviously be better if the colors synced both ways).

rockdawg

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what problems some of you are having, but I have multiple calendars including one of my wife's shared calendars and it works without a hitch. Also, all my assigned colors show up in the agenda, weekly and daily views. Monthly view just shows a green patch in a bar on any day there is an event, but the other views and the agenda widget all show colors.

JaxDreamFunding

May 6, 2010
www.jaxdreamfunding.com
Hunh. I'm kinda new to having decent calendars on phones.

My google calendar (on my computer) has a personal calendar, work calendar, holidays, and social event calendars on it.

All have seemed to show up on the phone calendar. They don't distinguish via color tabs like on google calendar, on my phone they all show up rather generically... but the events are there.

I fixed the color issue by going to my google calendar on my computer and changing the color of the calendars there....then on the next sync, the EVO matched....still have a small syncing problem....but getting better...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21